CHAPTER 36

Angel who? It's Niall Horan.

_

Carina's POV

FOUR DAYS LATER.

I'm just so glad that everything's getting back to how it were earlier.

Niall's recovering and is doing pretty well.

The physiotherapist was here for an hour and Niall had a leg session.

He can now walk around the place with elbow crutches and I'm just so contended.

I've been going to my cafe and it's a super short trip from the apartment to the cafe, because it's just opposite the building.

I'm currently living in, Niall's apartment to be precise.

Niall's mom called yesterday, or should I say Maura.

She seemed to know about Niall and I's relation and was pretty sweet to me over the phone. She also invited Niall and I to Mullingar this Christmas.
I was excited to spend Christmas with Niall and his family, but then the thought of my family appeared in my mind.

I called my mom last night and told her about Niall's recovery and that I was staying with him in his apartment.

Well, mom invited Niall and me over to our place on Christmas.

So, this is basically the thoughest decision of my life.

Christmas is almost two weeks away and this is the first time I've had to think so much about it.

"Baby girl's still zoning out", Niall said and I snapped out of my trance.

I blinked my eyes several times before he burst into a fit of laughter.

"Why do you look like you've seen a ghost?", he said in between laughter as he made his way towards me with his elbow crutches.

I was lazily plonked on one of the bar stools in his open kitchen as I was tracing random figures on the counter and was zoning out.

I helped him sit on one of the bar stools and hopped back onto mine.

"So, what's going through that mind", he asked and my eyebrows furrowed.

"Um, Niall?", I spoke and realised how hoarse my voice sounded.

I cleared my throat which made Niall stiffle a laugh.

"What?", I rolled my eyes at him.

"Nothing".

Whatever.

"Alright, so tell me what you've been thinking about?", he asked in attempt to continue our previous conversation. 

"Yeah, so last night your mom invited us to Mullingar for Christmas", I said and he smiled.

"You don't want to come?", he asked with an expression that made my heart break.

"Hold on, will you?", I spoke, but his expression remained the same.

"Yeah, so, last night when I spoke to my mom, she too invited you and me to Christmas to our place", I said and his eyes widened.

"Oh, that's what you've been thinking about?", he asked and I nodded.

"Yeah, this is the toughest decision ever", I said as I put my head in my hands.

"You mean second toughest after deciding to go back to your ex so that you could save your boyfriend", he said and my head snapped at him instantly.