CHAPTER 6

Imagine Niall texting you.

_

Niall's POV

THE SAME DAY.

It's just the beginning of my second week here since I've shifted to Dublin, and I can't wait for the weekend already.

But then, hold on!

I can't wait for tomorrow because I can't wait to get back from work and then collect my coffee from Carina's cafe.

So yeah, I can't wait for tomorrow.

I unlocked my front door and shut it as I walked into my bedroom to freshen up.

I slid out of my clothes and flung them in the laundry basket in the corner of my room, then lazily walked into the bathroom to take a hot shower. The warm water made me feel better in an instant as it cascaded down my body.

I ran my fingers, drawing random shapes on the glass cubicle as it was covered in hot steam.

I wiped myself dry, briskly walked out of the bathroom, and changed into some comfortable shorts and a cut-sleeved vest.

I walked into my kitchen and grabbed my phone and coffee as I lazily plonked myself on my couch.

I began scrolling through Instagram, looking at the pictures posted by my friends.

Most of them were from Mullingar, and they posted pictures of scenarios and basic country stuff from a day in their lives and adventures.

Just a few guys were from work who went clubbing almost every day and had very active feeds.

I came across a post of this lad from my workplace with two girls sat on either of his legs as he posed with a keg of beer in front of him, captioning the picture, Weekend Fun😉

Whatever that means.

I tossed my phone on the coffee table in front of me as I sipped my coffee, which was prepared by Carina, as I put my feet on the table ahead of me.

Damn, this coffee is so good.

It's just perfect, like the way mom used to make it back home. It had the right quantity of sugar and coffee in it.

I closed my eyes and enjoyed the remainder of my coffee.

I tossed the coffee container into the trash bin once it was empty and switched on the television.

It was half past six now, and I could afford to watch some television for maybe another three hours before I went to bed.

I decided to watch a movie as I flicked through the channels.

I stopped at a random movie channel. It played the last few scenes of Shark Attack and displayed that the next movie would be Cup of Love.

I don't really know why the title intrigued me.

Maybe Carina and I could share a cup of love, or maybe a cup of coffee.

What the hell was I even thinking about?

In the mean time, I thought maybe I should ring Carina in and tell her how good her coffee made me feel.

Would it look too desperate? Me wanting to call her just because I liked the coffee? I mean, I could tell her that tomorrow when I met her.

I made up my mind to call her. I called her up before I could change my mind.

She answered on the fifth ring.

"Hey," she said slowly.

"Hey Carina, I just called in to say how amazing your coffee was. It was absolutely perfect; it felt like home," I said with great enthusiasm.

"Thanks, Niall. I'm glad you liked it," she said on the other end.

She didn't sound like she always did. She sounded dull and tired.

"I loved it," I said, brushing the assumptions off my mind.

Maybe she was just too tired. She was preparing the orders, which is a hell of a job to do for the entire day. Talk about the entire week ahead of her.

She remained silent, and she didn't say a word.

"Carina?" I asked, thinking maybe she had hung up.

"Niall," she whispered back.

"What's wrong? Are you okay? Is everything alright?" I flooded her with questions.

"It isn't. I just need some time to be alone. I would love to talk to you all day, but I need to be alone now. I'm sorry," she whispered through the phone, causing me to panic.

"Carina, if you need anything, just call me. I'm here for you. Please take care. I'm here, I promise," I said in a rush.

"Thanks, Niall. I appreciate it," she said barely above a whisper. "Bye, Niall," and she hung up.

What was going on?

Maybe she was just really tired.

Maybe.

I tried to divert my mind and focus my mind on the new movie as it began.

Although my eyes were watching the movie, my mind was thinking of Carina.

So I decided to drop her a text.

Niall: Hey there, I hope you're doing fine. I'm here if you want to talk.

I tossed my phone beside me as I drifted my gaze onto the television screen.

My phone went off, indicating a new text.

It was from Carina.

Carina: I'm okay, I guess. Thanks for checking in.

Niall: Maybe I'm overreacting, but I'm really worried. You didn't sound like my normal, chirpy girl that you are.

Carina: I wonder what your chirpy girl sounds like.

Oops, I actually typed my normal, chirpy girl.

Niall: Just like you, lol. Take care.

Carina: You too, Niall.

Well, our conversation was better than the previous one over the phone.

I forced my mind on the television as much as I could and tried to enjoy the movie.

.

.

Now tucked into my bed, I checked for any texts from Carina, but there weren't any.

I just hoped that she'd be okay.

I plugged my charger into my phone and put it on the bedside table.

At first, I stared at the ceiling, making it very difficult for me to see the faint light that made its way through the tiny strip of open curtains.

I heard my phone go off, indicating a new text.

This better be a text from Carina.

I reached for my phone and was delighted to see a text from her.

Carina: Can we meet tomorrow? We need to talk.

I immediately typed a reply.

Niall: Sure, my place at 8 p.m.?

Carina: Done. And don't forget to collect your coffee tomorrow.

Niall: Sure. See ya!

With this, I drifted into a peaceful slumber.