CHAPTER 4

Blessing y'all with a picture of Niall and food.

_

Niall's POV

THE SAME DAY.

It was 8:56 p.m. when I arrived in front of Carina's cafe.

The cafe, now closed, looked so dull at night as it missed the light and joy it contained during the day.

I looked at my reflection in the glass door of the cafe.

I was dressed in a pair of stone-washed blue jeans and a navy blue sweater, which looked pretty good with my Converse.

My dressing was pretty plain and simple.

"Hey," said a voice from behind me, as I felt a hand on my shoulder.

I turned around to find Carina smiling brightly at me.

She stood in front of me with blue ripped jeans and a grey pullover, her brown hair left down.

"Wow. You look pretty," I blurted out, causing her to blush.

Yes, amidst the darkness and dim lighting around us, I saw her blush.

"Thanks Niall. You look good yourself," she said with a coy expression.

We exchanged smiles.

"Let's go," she asked.

"Sure, after you," I said as we walked away.

.

.

On our way to our destination, Carina and I made small talk.

She told me about herself.

She was born and raised in Dublin. She loved visiting Galway every Christmas and spending time with her maternal grandparents. She has loved baking ever since she was a kid and had a dream of owning a cafe.

I told her about myself.

I was born and raised in Mullingar. I was a typical country boy who loved staying home most of the time with my parents and my older brother, Greg. I presently work as a sound engineer here, in Dublin.

Travelling every day from Mullingar to and from Dublin can be very tiring. That's the main reason why I shifted here to the capital.

"Okay, so do you want to have burgers or fish and chips?" she asked as we stood at the beginning of the long street ahead of us with numerous food carts on either of our sides.

"I guess, burgers?" I said, confused.

She took my hand in hers and pulled me towards a random cart, which sold freshly made burgers.

"Hey, mate, would you like to have our special burger for tonight?" said the guy who sold the burgers.

"What would that be?" I asked him with deep interest.

I have always had a good interest in food and music.

"That's going to be a Double King beef burger with fries and Cola," he replied.

"Alright, that sounds good," I said with the thought of a good burger.

"And you, my lady?" he asked, looking at Carina.

She isn't yours!

"I'll have your classic burger with fries and Cola," she replied as she scanned the menu at the front of his cart.