CHAPTER 34

Why is his name Niall James Horan? It should be Niall Angel Horan.

_

Carinas POV

THE SAME DAY.

I shut the door behind me as soon as I walked into Niall's hospital room.

He layed with wires still wrapped around him with his eyes closed, although the mask was taken off him.

His eyes slowly fluttered open and he smiled weakly as he looked at me.

I rushed and covered the little distance between the two of us as I wrapped myself around him.

His hands wrapped around me, but they were weak.

I didn't pull him closer because I was pretty sure his already broken ribs would hurt if they were to come in contact with my body.

I sobbed into his shoulder and he gently stroked my hair as he shushed me.

I pulled away and kissed him.

The kiss was long and intense and I didn't want to break away from it.

Niall pulled away and smiled at me, "It's so good to see you baby".

"It's so good to see you, Niall. Jesus, I should be the one saying that to you", I whispered as I held his bruised face in my hands.

He lurched forward and kissed me without any warning.

I pulled back from the kiss, although I didn't want to.

"Ni, I'm so sorry. This is all because of me", I whispered as I hung my head low.

He lifted his right hand which had several wires and other medical instrument on it and held my face to meet his gaze.

"What's because of you?", he asked, clearly unaware of what I talking about.

"Your accident", I said as I closed my eyes.

"This isn't your fault, Princess", he said and I opened my eyes.

I nodded my head 'yes'.

"It is all my fault. If you wouldn't reach me back to my apartment, you wouldn't have got into this mess", I said as a tear escaped my eye.

"Goodness, no. I was the one who asked you to come over to my place. This isn't even your fault", he said as he looked into my eyes.

Those blue eyes which I missed looking at for almost two days, made me feel better in an instant.

"But... it's all my fault", I said as I looked down, unable to meet his gaze.

"This isn't your fault, Princess. Look at me", he whispered and I looked at him.

"Please don't blame this on yourself. It's not your fault and I'm here, aren't I? So, there's no complaining now", he said as he smiled, but it looked so pained.

"You're here, Niall. I wouldn't forgive myself if you weren't", I said as I sobbed.

"Come here", he mumbled as he pulled me closer towards him.

I lightly wrapped my arms around him, so that I wouldn't be applying too much pressure on his chest.

"I'm here with you, Princess. I'm never getting away from you", he said as kissed the side of my head.

I pulled back and look into the beautiful ocean of his blue eyes.

"Promise me, babe. Promise me that you'll never go away", I asked as I looked at him with... insecurity?