CHAPTER 18

OMG my boys are so gorgeous. I couldn't decide on which picture to select, so I made an edit of these pictures and THEY ARE SO DAMN CUTE.

_

Carina's POV

TWO DAYS LATER. 

"Alright so I've instructed you guys about almost everything. Do y'all have any doubts about anything?", I questioned as I raised my eyebrows.

They both nodded their head 'no'.

I was presently talking to my two new staff members, Blake and Julie.

Blake was an Afro-America high schooler who wanted to work after his school hours and Julie was a college girl who was struggling to fund for her education.

Out of all the interested applicants, they seemed to fit in perfectly.

"Alright, please don't disappoint me", I said to them as I handed them their respective aprons and name tags.

They smiled with what looked like gratitude as they put on their aprons.

The three of us exited the storeroom and were now back in the cafe.

"Well, say hello to our new edition of staff", I said to my existing staff members.

Noah, Katie, Caleb and Aiden stretched out their hands as Blake and Julie returned the gesture with grins on their faces.

"Heavens, I'm officially working", Blake said with a thick accent.

"I'm glad I can somehow manage to stay in college", Julie mumbled slowly.

I smiled at her and she returned it.

Katie ushered Julie to the back of the counter where she explained about the preparation of our menu, while the boys lightly chatted with Blake.

My cafe family has extended by another two members.

I can't help but think of my family.

I reach out for my phone in the back of my pocket and dialed my mom's contact.

She answered on the third ring, "Hey Cari, how you doing? It's been so long. Are you alright? How's your cafe doing?", she bombarded me with questions.

"I'm alright mom. How are you, dad and baby?", I chuckled as I referred to our little brother.

We never called Chris by his name. We always addressed him as 'baby' and he's hated it ever since he turned twelve.

"Baby's alright, he's at college. He's so serious about working hard and setting his career", she said, proud of her little baby.

"Mhmm", I replied.

Well, everyone's great in my family, except for me.

All I have is a cafe.

"Cari, baby you must know that your father and I are proud of you", my mom said as if sensing what I felt.

"Yeah", I mumbled.

"Believe me when I say this. Your older brothers have worked hard too, but have taken help from your father to set their careers, while you've struggled your way through everything and bought yourself a damn cafe", she said with a heavy voice.

I closed my eyes and thought about my life.

I've struggled to get where I am today. I moved into my tiny apartment after high school and began working at different locations to earn enough to get into college and save up to own my cafe. And here I am today.