CHAPTER 10

Imagine Niall is your co-worker and one day he's engrossed in his work and you're just staring at him like the picture above.
I'd probably shift my home to my work place just to see him everyday lol.

_

Niall's POV

THE SAME DAY.

As I plonked myself on my couch after a long shower, I glanced at the wall clock in front of me.

8:47 p.m.

The thought of calling Carina immediately flooded my mind.

I unlocked my phone and dialled her contact number.

I lazily lay on the couch, hoping I wasn't disturbing her.

She answered on the sixth ring, "Hey Niall."

"Hey, Carina. Am I disturbing you?" I asked.

"Nope, I was just making myself a mug of coffee. I'm done," she replied.

"Oh, the specialist makes coffee for herself," I chucked, and she did too on the other end.

"Listen, Niall, there's something you need to know," she said in a rush.

"Okay, calm down first, and then tell me."

"Um, you remember the guy you bumped into today just when you were exiting my cafe?"

"Yeah, that tower of a guy," I said as I remembered bumping into a walking Eiffel Tower.

"Yeah, right, that was Mike," she said in one breath.

"Mike who? Hold on, Mike, your ex?" I asked as realisation struck me.

"Yup," she said.

"Man, I wouldn't apologise if I knew it were him," I said, anger suddenly taking over.

"Damn, you should've punched his already broken nose," she laughed at the other end.

This girl is obsessed with breaking his nose.

"I wouldn't mind doing it if I really had to," I said honestly.

"I'm glad I have support," she said, making me laugh along with her.

"Yeah, so he walked up to me and said he hoped it was the last time I saw you. I asked him to mind his damn business, but he wouldn't. He tried to act all crazy in love with me with his broken nose, and I just couldn't take it..." she said before I interrupted her.

"You punched his eye?" I asked, worried.

"No. Oh my goodness, do you really think I'm that dangerous, Niall?" she asked as she fell into a fit of laughter.

The way she said my name did something to me.

I mean it when I say she's the best thing I've ever heard.

"Yeah, so tell me, what did my brave girl do to the guy with the broken nose?" I asked, and she chuckled.

"I told him that it would be the last time I saw him rather than the last time I saw you. I told him if he didn't get out, I'd break every damn bone in his body, and you know what? The coward actually left before he passed me a death glare," she said as she giggled.

"My goodness, you're such a gangster. I'm scared," I said, and we laughed.

"Carina," I said seriously, once the laughter had died down.

"Niall," she replied back.

"Um, there's something I've been wanting to ask you," I said nervously.

"Yes?"