Chapter 50: GoodBye

Goodbye

Ariana's POV

I woke up from someone caressing my cheeks softly. I was greeted by the morning sunlight and Jaxxon's face. I smiled at him, missing this kind of mornings. Waking up beside him, cooking breakfast for us and then eating together, going to school and scolding him for glaring and cursing at people when he's mad. All the little things that made us happy, that gave us memories to cherish and memories to cry on to. But instead of smiling back, Jaxxon had that sadness in his eyes as he gazed down at me.

"Good morning." I greeted.

"I wish we could stay like this forever." He whispered, shoulders slouch in defeat and voice full of pain and sorrow. I felt the same but I refuse to let it show as I had already poured everything out last night when me and Jaxxon can only do nothing but cry and accept the fact that we can't be together anymore.

Alam kong masama parin ang loob nito at hindi parin nito tanggap ang sitwasyon namin ngayon pero wala din itong magagawa. Maling-mali kung itutuloy pa namin ang relasyon namin. We just held each other tightly last night and allowed myself to feel the heat of his body against mine as we both know it would be the last time. Because the second the sun rises, we have to face the reality. Even right now, if I could just stay like this in bed with him and forget the harsh truth, I would, but we have a family waiting for us. We have mom. Another thing we share in common now. We now share a mother.

He laid down beside me, wrapped an arm around me as I snuggled against his chest, memorizing his scent. He doesn't want to let me go and I don't want him to either, so we stayed in bed for another hour. No words were said, just small gestures. Jaxxon playing circles in my back, constantly kissing top of my head and inhaling my scent. When the clock reached eleven, I know its time. Time to let him go.

Tamihik akong kumalas mula sa pagkakayap nito at pumasok ng banyo. Alam kong ayaw ako nitong bitiwan pero wala din itong magawa. Naghilamos ako ng mukha at tinignan ang sarili sa salamin ng ilang minuto bago muling bumalik sa kwarto kung saan ko nadatnan si Jaxxon na naka-upo sa kama at nakayuko.

"Are you ready?" I asked in a soft voice but I know he heard me. I sat beside him and hugged him even though he refused to look at me. "Mom will be very happy. She's been waiting for you."

"Do you think I'm okay? I'm not really that type of a perfect son every mother is asking for. I'm afraid I might disappoint her." He whispered and I know he's nervous too.

Last night I was able to convince him to come home and share a meal with the family. Little by little, I know someday he's finally going accept her as his mother. I understand why he's nervous. It's the first time he's gonna met mom after the big reveal. After all, he's not used to having a mother.

"Even before we learned the truth she already adore you. Mom will love you, I promise." Kung alam lang nito kung gaano siya kagustong makasama ni mama. I texted mom that I'm coming home with Jaxxon and I'm sure she is ecstatic.

Pagdating namin sa bahay ay agad kaming sinalubong ni mama. Ito na rin mismo ang nagbukas ng pinto para sa amin. Malawak ang ngiti nito nang makita si Jaxxon. I stood beside mom and watch as she embraced Jaxxon. Jaxxon just stood there awkwardly and hesitated before hugging mom back.

"Oh go, my son." My mom fought back her tears as she rested her head against Jaxxon's shoulder.

"Mom, baka mabali na mga buto ni Jaxxon sa higpit ng yakap mo." Pagbibiro ko para kahit papano ay mabawasan ng kunti ang tensyon.

"Right, come inside. I cooked lunch for everyone." Mom said with a big smile and she gestured for all of us to follow her inside to shop which is close. I'm guessing she was too excited and decided to close the shop for the day to focus on Jaxxon.