Chapter 41: No one, but You did

No one, but You did

Ariana's POV

Groaning, I opened my eyes and saw a white ceiling. I tried to move my arms but winced when my muscles throbbed. My legs are sore and my head is throbbing. Just like that, everything that happened last night went back to me and I screamed when someone touched me.

"Ariana, it's me." Someone called as he tried to touch my shoulders.

"No, stay away from me!" I yelled, pushing him away as I scurried back as far away as I can from him. "Please, don't do this."

"It's okay, it's me. Jaxxon. Hey, look at me." He cupped my face and made me look at him. My teary eyes met Jaxxon's and I cried even more from relief. I thought it was happy him, the monster that tried to molest me.

"It's me, you're safe now. No one's going to hurt you and I promise you, you will never have to see him again. Sisiguraduhin kong mabubulok siya sa kulungan." Jaxxon wiped my tears and hen pulled me to his chest as he caressed my back.

"My car broke and he offered to take me home. I tried calling you and then I fell asleep. I swear, I did not come to his house willingly. I tried to leave but he...he-"

"I know, baby. I know. I believe you and I'm sorry I couldn't answer your calls. "

I feel like I need to explain myself to him. Ayokong isipin niya na dahil lang sa nag-away kami ay sumama na ako sa ibang lalaki.

We stayed like that for god knows how long as Jaxxon held me close to him, whispering things to calm me down as I tried to forget everything and convince myself that it's just a nightmare and it's all over now, that Jaxxon is here and I am finally safe.

"Nasan tayo?" Maya-maya ay tanong ko nang mapansing hindi ito ang kwarto ko.

"We're in the hospital." Sagot ni Jaxxon, kasabay nito ay napatingin ako sa mga braso ko na puno ng mga pasa. "Don't worry, maya-maya lang ay makakalabas ka na."

"How about mom and Vanilla? Do they know?" Now that I think about it, mom will be very worried and in her condition, I don't want to worsen her depression.

"They're on their way here."

"And... A-Alexis?" It's even hard to say his name out loud now. I can't believe that someone like him can do this.

Jaxxon tensed, but tried to hide it as he looked away. "The bastard's in the hospital as well but the police is going to take him after he recovers. I've talked to my grandfather, he's going to help with the case. Pero hindi mo na kailangan pang problemahin pa 'yon. Ako na'ng bahala sa lahat. Don't stress about it, all you need to do is rest."

I remember how mad Jaxxon was and how he attacked Alexis last night sending him unconscious on the floor. Alexis must've received severe injuries that he needed to be confined. And Jaxxon, I watched him as he fixed my hair and bed before laying me down again so gentle while avoiding to touch my bruises. Despite the fact that I ignored him for several days, he still saved me and cared for me right now. He's even willing to ask help from his father. I know how much he hated him and how distant he was with his grandfather pero mas pinili nitong magpakumbaba para lang matulungan ako.

"Jaxxon, how did you know where I was?" Tanong ko dahil sa pagkaka-alala ko ay walang may-alam na ihahatid ako ni Alexis kagabi. Napagpapasalamat ako dahil dumating si Jaxxon kagabi pero nakakapagtaka lang kung paanong nalaman niya kung nasan ako.

His hand on my hair froze as he avoided my gaze. "Uhm... I might have put a tracking device on your phone." Then he run his fingers through his hair before looking at me. "Look, I'm sorry. It's because I always want to know where you are. And you get annoyed if I become too clingy and every time I ask you where you are."