"I wouldn't dream of it." Flynn laughs back.

The door shuts and we all relax. Dad already left for work and Mom just left too. Rachael and Rosie were upstairs getting ready while Flynn and I ate breakfast.

"I'm so ready for the beach. Do you guys have a surf board I can use?" Flynn asks, bouncing in his seat.

I nod, "It's in the garage."

"Great." Flynn grins, already making his way to the garage.

I make my way up the stairs after putting my dishes, and Flynn's dishes, into the sink. I haven't been to the beach at all since we got here, and now I finally am.

My phone buzzes in my hand and I look down to see a text from Luke.

L: Can I pick u up for school toady? ;)

Ooh. I totally forgot to mention to Luke I wasn't going to school today.

R: Taking the day off

L: What's wrong?? R u ok? R u sick? Hurt? Is it your bullet wound???

R: Luke. I'm fine. I'm going to the beach. Come with

L: I get to spend the day with my girl at the beach and skip school? Of course I'll be there

R: Great! My house in 30

I hurriedly run to my bathroom and brush the knots out of my hair. I pull my hair into a messy bun and start to rifle through my closet. I pull out a black bandeau bikini and throw on a pair of sunglasses.

"Are you girls ready yet? I've been waiting for hours down here!" Flynn yells from downstairs.

"It's been like five minutes. Cool it!" Rachael yells from her room.

I'm the last one downstairs and I see everyone grouped into the kitchen. Rosie's packing a lunch for us, and Rachael's messing with her hair.

"I invited Luke by the way. He'll be here soon." I mention to them.

"Luke? I think I've heard that name before." Flynn pipes up.

"He's part of the gang we're helping right now."

"Oh yeah! He seemed a little bitchy towards me."

I shrug my shoulders, "He was probably hungry or tired."

"Or jealous." Rosie mutters.

"Jealous?" Flynn asks.

"Isn't it obvious? Luke was jealous of you, so he treated you bad. Simple."

"Rowan has an admirer? Never thought I'd see the day." Flynn turns to me, "You were always going from guy to guy. You were more of free bird I thought."

I shake my head at him, "A girl can change."

"So, is this Luke guy still chasing you?"

"Not exactly." I say, a small smile forming.

"They're dating now." Rachael smirks.

Flynn's eyes widen, "Actually?"

I nod.

"Well damn. Good for you Rowan."

***

I squint against the glare of the sun as we step out of the car. The smell of salty water fills my nose and I grin.

I feel a strong hand grab mine and I turn to see a grinning Luke standing next to me.

"C'mon! Last one to the ocean is a rotten egg!" Flynn suddenly screams.