Chapter 22

Rowan:

After school, Bella drags me over to the mall. I had told her I'd go to the homecoming dance with her. Bella insisted that we go get our dresses today. She told me dress shopping would be a little late, but she also informed me that she knew someone who owned a dress shop.

The homecoming football game was tomorrow night. The dance was the following Saturday night. Bella and I didn't have dates, but we were going in a group which included Asher, Marley, Lexi, and a few others too.

"You are going to love this dress shop. They have the cutest dresses and I know the owner. She's my cousin, so I can get us a discount." Bella was practically jumping in the passenger seat next to me. "And shoes! I love shoe shopping! We'll go shopping for shoes after dresses. We're gonna have so much fun!"

Ten minutes later, Bella's throwing countless numbers of dresses at me. They all range from light colors to dark colors; floor length gowns to knee length dresses; and lace design to sequence bodices.

"Oohh! Try this one on! This would look so hot on you!" Bella exclaims, throwing a dress at me.

I chuckle at her, "Bells, you've said that for every dress!"

"Because it's true! Just try it on!"

I take the dress from her and go into the dressing room. I slip the dress on and look in the mirror. I'm a black colored fashion kind of gal, but I really like this dress.

The dress is a short, white dress. Blue flowered lace covers part of the dress and has a v-cut. The dress is made by one of favorite designers: Jovani.

I step out of the dressing room and give Bella a twirl. Her eyes widen and she claps her hands excitedly. "Yes! That's the one! You are definitely buying that!"

We leave the store shortly after, making our way to a shoe store. I check my phone and see that it's already almost five.

Bella bought a red, laced dress. It had a gorgeous sweetheart neckline that had small beads imbedded into the lace.

I drop Bella off at her house and practically speed over to my house. Rachael had texted me about coming home early today, and I totally forgot. Oops.

I swing into my driveway and park my car. I hurry to the front door and I'm about to open it when the door opens for me instead.

I expect an angry faced Rachel but I'm met with my mother staring at me.

She's got her business face on and is dressed as sophisticated as always. She's wearing a navy blue, conservative dress. Her black, six inch stilettos match her Louis Vuitton bag.

"Rowan! I've missed you so much sweetie!" My mom envelopes me in a tight hug. I squeeze her back, slightly curious as to why she's home.

Don't get me wrong, I love my parents, it's just that they always call ahead of time letting us know when they're coming home.

I hear my dad's voice before I see him. "Is that Rowan? Is Rowan home?" My dad enters the foyer and holds his arms out. I step into his embrace and he kisses the top of my head.

"Mom, dad, what are you guys doing here?" I ask, right as Rachael and Rosie enter.

"What? We can't visit our own children with out having a reason?" Dad asks, his brows raised.

"Normal parents, no. You guys however, are not normal parents. So yes, you usually do have a reason." I tell them truthfully.

"Always up front with us Rowan." Dad chuckles. "But yes, we did want to talk about the assignment. Rachael gave us all the information we need for now. We'll let you know more later."