Angry messages

Damon pov

The most amazing sweet smell was overpowering my senses as it filled the small room, I tried staying as still as possible to hold on to sleep but slowly becoming more aware of my surroundings, one being the feel of a petite body snuggling into my side, I could feel a tiny fist as it held my t-shit in a tight grip which would loosen before returning iron tight, as soft blonde locks of hair tickled my chin from the head that rested just below on my chest.

Sliding my free hand along the soft sheets which held that intoxicating smell, trying my best not to wake the person who was pretty much lying on top of me at this point, their leg hooked over my waist. Why the hell had I stayed long enough to fall asleep with someone, that was something I never did, it gave people the wrong idea but that's when the memories from last night hit me all at once.

I had a mate!

And not just any mate Jax, the sweet, green eyed beauty I'd met at the party.

Memories of us flashed through my head, from us sitting on the pool side, to our easy conversation's we had as we tied cleaning up his house the best we could, but each time I'd sneak a glace in his direction he would nervously be nibbling on those poor lips of his, whenever I'd asked anything about him, it was all most like he was scared of saying the wrong thing or more importantly me finding out something he didn't want me to, he was very guarded that's for sure.

I knew though that he could admit to the worst or weirdest stuff and I'd still take him as my mate with open arms. Shit I sounded soppy!

Is this what having a mate did to you, if so I hope it wears off over time, my reputation would be ruined in no time if I ever said any of this out loud.

Taking a risk I cracked my eyes open to stare down at my little mate, who was in fact still sleeping, his eyes flickering beneath his eyelids, that along with the way his hand was griping me I knew he was having a restless dream.

With one last look down at his face I turned to the bedside table which just held his alarm clock along with the beer bottles from the night before that people had left, the red digital numbers showing it was already ten thirty-two am.

I knew last night this was going to happen, that I'd end up staying this late and missing all my middle rank jobs for the day but as he stood there last night asking me to come to bed with him, I couldn't turn him down.

Joe for sure would have noticed my absents, while he was in charge of the middle ranks, he took more notice of me and Archer than he did of any of them, I guess he knew they would do their job without slacking off unlike us, well me.

Thinking back to last night, Jax could of easily have offered me a spare room, I counted 4 doors upstairs meaning there should be a spare room or even the couch, better yet he could have asked me to leave but he did none of those things. He allowed me into his bed and embraced me as if we were lovers, not that I was complaining, I loved the feel of his tiny body pressed against me all night, his scent causing me to drift to sleep as I knew he was safe in my arms.

The way he acted though still confused me, he just didn't seem like the type to invite men he'd only met hours before into his bed or was I wrong about my little mate, was he really not as innocent as he first seemed, then again it could be the mate bond effecting his judgement , I really need to speak to someone about this whole mate thing and by someone I mean Archer, the ultimate book of knowledge when it came to mates, he'd know exactly what to do with a human mate.

Thinking of Archer I wiggled my phone lose from my jeans pocket, careful not to wake the sleeping boy as it lit up with notifications, mainly being texts and missed calls. Clicking on the call log I had six of Archer, ten of joe and one from dad, shit!

Clicking off that and on to the messages, the top one being from Seth.

Seth: mate joe's looking for you

He's pissed!!!!

Damon get back now your dads on the way home

Mate where the fuck are you

Do you need me to come pick you up?

Damon: yeah come pick me up

still at the house the party was at last night

I sent the text back knowing it would take him over an hour to get back here to fetch me, which gave me a bit more time with Jax. Next, I clicked on was Joe's which just read.

Joe: GET THE FUCK HOME NOW

Yeah didn't expect anything different from him, Archers messages were the next ones.

Archer: on way back now so I'd get your arse home now

Joe said you're not back yet, where are you?

You really can't give your dick a rest for five minutes

What the fuck dads going to kill you

You'll be demoted to a sub at this rate

Home now!

God my brother was dramatic, he acted more like a sub himself than any I'd ever met before with his constant whining.

Putting my phone on the bedside table not bothering to answer anyone back, I had my lift home on the way and I'd take whatever punishments dad threw my way, I didn't for one second regret the night I'd spent with Jax, it was the start of our relationship and for once I think I'd made a good first impression on someone, now I just needed to figure out how to move forward with him.

As I lay there for the next half hour looking up at the plain white ceiling lost in thought, on how I could make Jax fall for me enough that he'd accept me being a wolf, he shot up and away from me, his eyes shooting wide open as they scanned the room panting. His panicked eyes landed on me for a few seconds before he seemed to remember who I was, thank god! That would have been awkward if he didn't.

"You okay there?" I asked in concern placing my hand on his shoulder which he flinched at causing me to pull away, strange but I refused to make a deal out of it, even if it physically hurt that my own mate flinched at my touch, even if we hadn't known each other long.

His face was flushed a light pink "you good?" I asked causing him to pull the duvet up closer to cover his body, the way he was acting was as if he'd got caught naked in front of me but still, he didn't replied, as his breathing still sounded laboured, his eyes had dropped to staring intensely at the blue covers.

Taking my eyes of him to look round the room, for what I had no idea. probably just so I didn't feel any more rejected by my mate. Did he not want me here? Had I out stayed my welcome? Or did he just regret asking me to bed with him. 

///

whats wrong with Jax?

thank you for reading 

please vote and comment so I know what you think x