22

All Mine
22 | I'm sorry
Antoine

The moment my phone rang my heart must've dropped to my stomach, I could see Amelia's called ID flashing on my home screen. I ran to pick up the phone just in time before the call ended and pressed the one to my ear and waited for anything to be said from any of the two of us.

There was silence, a long silence that seemed like it would never end until she broke it, "I'm in the hospital." Right there my heart dropped even further and panic started to spread all over me.

Before I could even say anything she was quick to speak again, "I'm okay but it's the baby and I don't know how it's looking right now so can you please come?" She practically pleaded over the phone, I hurriedly said yes and she handed over the information of what room she was in.

Once the call was ended I was as such as the flash, running all over the place at the speed of light trying to get myself in check before arriving at the hospital. I was panicking, fear was starting to spread all over me and I didn't know what expect when I walked into the hospital let alone to see her again after everything.

Once I had arrived I ran past all the doctors and nurses, out of breath I made it to the door of the procedure room she was in and knocked quietly before a small, meek voice allowed me to walk in. I placed my hand on the handle and slowly pushed it down managing to push open the door, my heart fluttered as I saw the most perfect woman sat on the bed with a vulnerable look on her face.

I rushed towards her side engulfing her in a massive hug, I felt her stiff at first taken aback by my sudden action but she quickly let herself go hugging me back.

"What's wrong?" I spoke although it came out as more of a whisper.

"I'm showing early signs of miscarriage, the doctor was here a while ago says it's all due to stress and not eating properly." She said, I looked at her and noticed the prominent under eyes she had.

I quickly let myself go from her hold shaking my head, "I'm the reason you're showing early signs of miscarriage." She jerked her head forward slightly seemingly confused with what I'd just said.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Stress? Not eating properly? That's all me putting my shit on top of you and you're dealing with it all alone." I said starting to walking back and forth within the small chambers of the room, "I haven't been taking care of you the way I should've been."

"It's not your fault don't think like that, I wasn't taking care of myself and I know that now." She spoke softly from across the room.

I walked back over to her placing my hand on her stomach, "Amelia, I'm sorry." My lips trembled as the words came out seemingly impossible for me to hold back the tears that had somehow welled up in my eyes.

"I know." She said raising her hand and placing it on the side of my face, she leaned over kissing my cheek before letting go and rubbing the side of her stomach.

I proceeded to bombard her with questions on the health of the baby and her own health to which she was giving me bleak answers to, nothing seemed to be alright between us anymore not even to discuss the health of our unborn child.

"Miss. Alves, I've prescribed you some meds that should help stopping the miscarriage signals and I beg you to take proper care of yourself because I don't want to see you here again." The doctor beamed as he walked back into the room sitting down handing Amelia the small sheet of paper with the medications written down on.

"Thank you so much for your help." She smiled at the doctor before hopping off the bed and placing her coat and bag back on.

Once we'd left the procedure room and headed back into the car we both sat there in silence, I didn't dare say a word in hopes of hurting her even further. It sounds stupid, but I'd already managed to screw everything up.

"I don't know if I can trust you." She blurted out, I turned my head looking at her and she avoided eye contact but fiddled with the hem of the shirt.

"I want to so badly, I want to forget the lies and the hurt but I just can't and I hope you can understand that." I nodded my head slowly.

"Of course I understand that and that's why whatever you need I'll only listen and give it to you."

She nodded her head slowly sighing heavily, "I don't know what I want from you, I don't want lies I just want to be happy and continue this beautiful journey of pregnancy which isn't going amazing at the moment."

"At this point I don't care why you lied and I don't want to know if I'm honest, I just want you back." She said finally turning her head and looking at me. I didn't know what to say to her, I just looked at her wide eyed and mouth hung open.

"I'm sick of all of this, I don't want it to be like this I hope you know that." I said breaking the silence that was slowly engulfing us.

"Where do we go from here?" I asked and frankly I was afraid of what she would say. My heart was racing beyond any sort of fit human level and my palms that were gripping the steering wheel were turning red.

"Home."

+++
Hi! Sorry for the leaving this on such a long hiatus but i'm back! I've been so busy with meeting deadlines for school and forget I had wattpad, but I'm back and enjoying writing again!
sorry if there's any mistakes I didn't read it through :)