17

All Yours
17 | Is that so?

I was sat in the cafe with Rafael across me, I'd no idea what he wanted but I was compliant enough to sit here eyeing the drink in front of me.

"What's wrong?" He asked me as I moved the spoon in my drink back and forth, I shook my head.

"Nothing why?"

"You're very quiet today." He chuckled, I only looked up at him.

"You dragged me out of my house to drink coffee." I muttered, I wasn't in the mood to deal with Rafael today.

"Come on! Lighten up, after all we have a lot of catching up to do sis." I almost cringed at the word sis coming out of his mouth, truth be told I hardly thought of him as my brother.

"How could I forget? The fact you left for so many years, but yes please let's catch up." The sarcasm was dripping down my tongue, I couldn't stop myself.

"Okay I deserve the way you're speaking to me." He said taking a sip of his drink, I turned my head facing the window watching as the rain trickled down as people continued walking as fast as they could.

"There you are!" Antoine said rushing into the coffee shop, I looked at him bewildered.

"Are you okay? Did he hurt you?" I raised my eyebrows at him, what was he on about?

"Antoine are you okay? I'm fine? I sent you a message." I said, he rummaged through his pocket taking out his phone seeing a message on the screen.

"For fucks sake." He muttered under his breath, I could see Koke and Fernando standing outside eyeing me.

"Come on we need to get going." Before I could even get a word in, Antoine grabbed my hand as we stood up from the table leaving the coffee shop.

"What the hell is going on?!" I raised my voice as soon as we got outside, they all looked at each other and then looked at me.

"Hold on you practically just got kidnapped and you're asking what's going on?" Koke said, I jerked my head forward a hundred percent confused.

"What are you talking about?"

"The fact Rafael kidnapped you." Koke replied, and then I lost it and starting laughing thinking they were joking. When no one started laughing I knew they were being serious.

"First of all I didn't get kidnapped, I went to the coffee shop in my own will." I explained, they all continued staring at me wide eyed.

"Can someone please explain what is happening?" I asked puzzled at the adult men standing in front of me trying to rack their brains for an answer.

"Uh nothing, don't worry about it." Fernando was quick to answer, he looked at Koke who looked at the ground and Antoine was staring at the shops.

"Okay because dragging me out of the cafe thinking I've been kidnapped is nothing?"

"Ignore us we've all been watching too many sociopath documentaries and we've had zero sleep." Koke said, I raised an eyebrow at him as he merely smiled at me.

"Sorry, we needed to make sure you were okay after all we don't know whose a sociopath these days." Antoine said walking over to me placing a kiss on my forehead, I sighed not fully believing the story but I figured they were more than capable to watch sociopathic documentaries. They've done it before why wouldn't they do it again?

"You three need sleep." I said pointing at all of them, they nodded their heads. I sighed turning around starting to walk towards the car where I could Antoine's parked car, they all trudged along behind me whispering.

Once we'd all arrived back at the house they all ran to the backyard to, and I quote, 'talk about the documentary' I didn't bother to question it as Antoine prepared some drinks and took them outside for the guys. I followed alongside him preparing myself a cup of tea before grabbing a seat beside Fernando and Antoine.

"Now tell me about this so called documentary." I asked sipping my tea, Koke's eyes widened as thought he wasn't expecting me to ask such a question. Both Fernando and Antoine quickly grabbed their drinks and acted as though they were drinking them.

"Are you sure you want to know? I mean it's some pretty dark stuff."

"Yeah of course I want to know, a few months ago Antoine and I watched one of these documentary's it was pretty dark but I loved it." I beamed, I wasn't dumb. I knew they were all lying about the sociopath documentaries and I wasn't sure why, I was clearly trying to catch them out.

"Well, uh it's, uh wow where do I start? Fernando how about you share your favourite bit?" Koke said smiling widely at him, Fernando only seemed irritated by this but put his drink down turning to face me.

"So uh this sociopath didn't feel any emotions at all, when his mom died he laughed at her funeral." Fernando quickly blurted out, I simply looked at him resisting the urge to laugh.

"Is that so? Huh, interesting that is." I said brining my mug to my lips, Fernando nodded slowly smiling awkwardly at me.

"Yep, and wow it's so dark and wow yeah you'd enjoy it." He quickly said, I looked at him nodding my head.

I wasn't sure why they felt the need to lie to me, why couldn't I know the real reason they came ramming into the cafe? It had to have been serious for them to accuse Rafael of kidnapping me, I looked at all three of them before dismissing them and walking back into the house. I suddenly felt extremely tired as my eyelids got heavier and heavier, I plopped down on the couch covering myself with a blanket and shut my eyes inviting the sleep in.

———-

this is kind of a filler chapter? I guess, but more interesting things will happen when i get over my writers block, until then enjoy this really bad chapter :)