15

All Yours
15 | I'm freaking out

"God I'm so hungry." I muttered stuffing a forkful of cake into my mouth, I was blaming my constant hunger on my pregnancy.

"That's your third slice of cake?" Antoine said chuckling as he was leaning against the kitchen island.

"No it's not." I muttered with a mouth full of cake, in my defence it was the baby not me.

"Lia baby, there was three slices left and they're all gone." I put my fork down having finished the slice smiling with great satisfaction.

"It's your child alright? It's not me that's asking to each the cake." I said, Antoine started laughing and I laughed alongside him.

"Leave the baby out of this, you're the one eating all the cake and not leaving any for me."

"Alright you got me I'm sorry." I said throwing my hands up, he smiled sweetly at me before walking over to me.

"You're the cutest." He said leaning in placing a kiss on my lips, the softest lips I'd ever felt against mine. It felt as though they were moulded to fit mine perfectly.

He placed his hand on my stomach which was starting to finally form, "I love you little one." He said before rubbing my stomach, I loved seeing the way he was so invested into this.

I had expected him to freak out, to run for the hills anything at all but the fact he hadn't meant he clearly wanted this and wants to be with me. But it's scaring me. It's scaring me that he hasn't run yet, I think about it almost everyday when he kisses me or touches me. Why hasn't he run? I don't want him to run believe me but why hasn't he done it yet?

Everything seemed so rushed for a second, I'm calling him to tell him I'm pregnant whilst we're going through our own problems. He comes running despite having broken up with me because of Fernando, it doesn't make sense? He took no time to process it at all, and that's what's scaring me? Is he planning to leave after the baby is born, I won't be able to live through that.

"You alright?" He asked taking me out of my thoughts, I hadn't realised I'd zoned out.

"Yeah sorry I was thinking about how good that cake was." I half lied, I was thinking about him but also how I could eat another slice of cake.

"Do you want me to go get some more? I have training but I can pick it up on the way home." He said grabbing his duffel bag filled with his equipment, I nodded my head muttering a 'perfect' to him.

Once Antoine had left the house for his training I picked up my room calling Beatriz and asked her to come over, I was sat at the kitchen table arranging some stuff when the doorbell brought me back to my senses.

"Hey chicka." Beatriz beamed at the door, I quickly embraced her in a hug as I welcomed her in.

We walked over to the kitchen as she sat down and I quickly made her a cup of tea, slowly I walked over to her handing her the mug and I sat down across her.

"What's wrong?" She was quick to ask, how'd she know something was wrong?

"How'd you know something was wrong?"

"I know you hunny, you don't just call me over like this unexpectedly." She said reaching her hand out placing it on top of mine, I smiled sweetly at her. I was glad to have a friend like her, more so a sister.

"I'm freaking out."

"Go on, explain."

"Antoine is going to leave me isn't he? I just—I just can't handle it if he leaves me, again."

"What makes you think he's gonna leave you?"

"I don't know Bea but something tells me he's planning something grand, I don't know." I started panicking when Beatriz squeezed my hand.

"Stop it, stop trying to find a reason for this relationship to end."

"Bea he got back with me because I'm carrying his child! It hadn't been been twenty four hours being broken up and he came running back!" I explained, I was in an inner conflict within myself. Was I really trying to create something that wasn't there? Or was I being logically and thinking for myself?

"What's that supposed to mean?!" I finished, at this point my hair was all over my face from expressing my concerns. Could I have been stupid enough to think this? It doesn't make sense.

"I get where your coming from but do you want me to be completely honest?" She started, I nodded my head slowly.

"I see where all of this is coming from, but why would he do such a thing? I don't think he's with you to, per say steal your child. He loves you Mia, anyone with eyes can see that."

"He broke up with me because of Fernando, he sounded dead serious when he indirectly told me that he wouldn't get back together with me." I said, I couldn't help but go through all of this. I was freaking out.

"Okay, I get it but right now I think you're freaking out—" Before she could continue I interrupted her, "Why hasn't he run?" I whispered so low, my lip was trembling.

"What's the supposed to mean?"

"Why hasn't he run? He's probably only with me for the baby and once it's here he's just going to leave me alongside the baby."

"Okay stop. Stop this—" Bea said using the hands to point at me, "He's so madly in love with you, his heart only beats for you Mia when are you going to realise that? Sure it was all too quick getting back together because you're pregnant but isn't that the beauty of it?"

"He came rushing back because of something the two of you created, of course he cares for the both of you. He's not running away and if he does he'll have me to deal with." The small joke makes me chuckle, Bea constantly told me she knew people which I've grown accustomed to thinking it's a joke.

"God what did I do to deserve you." I sighed placing my hand on my forehead frustrated with everything.

"Why would I be thinking about this though? Maybe because he has motive."

"Amelia give up, accept he loves you." She chuckles, I end up laughing alongside her. Maybe she's right and I need to stop stressing for no reason.

"Okay I'll stop."

"Good, now tell me how's my godchild doing in there?" She asked taking a sip of her drink, I smiled at her ready to tell all about my pregnancy.