01

All Yours
01 | Do you still love him?

"Good morning." Antoine mumbled beside me, I groaned not wanting to wake up and get out of bed to start the day.

"Stop being lazy, we have that brunch with Paul remember?" I groaned once more in response, I heard Antoine chuckle beside me. I put my hands over my face as Antoine had stood up to pull the blinds and let the sun in.

"Come on." He said pulling the covers off my body, I reluctantly sat up on the edge of the bed rubbing my eyes tiredly.

"I'm up, I'm up." I protested before he kicked me off the bed, I got up quickly placing a kiss on his cheek before I stepped into the bathroom to get ready.

Koke, Antoine's best friend had planned some sort of brunch for us to attend. I was hungry to say the least, I absolutely adored Koke and the friendship he'd built with Antoine over the years. I've really gotten to know him as a person once Antoine and I had gotten back together. It was just a few months ago but it didn't feel like that, it felt as if we'd been together for longer than that.

"Are you ready?" I heard Antoine call out from behind the door, I quickly fixed my hair and left the bathroom seeing Antoine in his usual black jeans and a smart dress shirt.

"Yeah I'm ready, let's go." We made our way downstairs as I put my shoes on and grabbed my purse. I left the house walking over to the car as Antoine locked up. We got into the car and started the drive to the brunch place Koke was already at.

Once we'd arrived, Antoine and I walked in hand in hand receiving attention from the photographers hidden all around which managed to get snaps of us both walking in. The waiter took us to the table Koke was sat on, Koke stood up greeting us and we all sat down. I greeted the two other players, Filipe and Godín who were also sat at the table. I truly loved Antoine's team especially the wives. I absolutely loved Sofia and Beatriz, all three of us were best friends since I moved to Madrid with Antoine.

"How are you guys?" Koke asked as we sat down, I sat down next to Antoine and Sofia on my right.

"We're pretty good actually." Antoine spoke for the two of us, I nodded contently. As Antoine drifted off into a conversation with the boys I also drifted off and started telling Sofia and Beatriz about our recent holiday.

"It was absolutely beautiful, you guys need to go there!" I said, we'd just finished ordering our meals as the waiters disappeared into the distance with our orders.

"I've been telling Jorge we need to go but do you think he listens to me?" Beatriz said, we all started laughing as the boys shot us questioning looks which made us laugh harder.

"Sorry I'm late boys, traffic was bad." I heard someone say as they sat down at our table, I instantly stopped laughing with the girls and I went dead silent whilst everyone greeted Fernando.

Everyone greeted him except me, Antoine and Fernando worked together and despite everything that's happened they came out as friends in the end. I hadn't seen him since the day of the match a few months ago when he practically poured his heart out to me and I left him because I too was hurt after he'd left me. I was quick to jump back to Antoine, no argument there but I was in love with him what more could I have done?

Fernando caught my eye and it was almost as if time froze and we were the only two there, I felt awkward in my seat as I started shifting awkwardly. I quickly broke the eye contact as I turned to continue talking to the girls, it almost as if I could still feel his eyes on me. I expected it, we hadn't seen each other in months and this is the first time we've seen each other and nothing has been said. I tried to continue faking a smile and the constant chat with everyone but I felt as though it was impossible having him across the table with his eyes on me following my every move.

I wondered why was it this awkward? Sure we had been together but you'd think after a few months everything would've passed, Fernando's gaze was so strong and intense I didn't know how to act in front of him and everyone else. I didn't want to make a fool out of myself so I continued and tried faking everything. Once we'd finally left the brunch place the girls dragged me out first and we started walking ahead of the boys who were behind chatting about something.

"What was that about?" Sofia questioned straight away, I looked at her knitting my eyebrows.

"Don't ask as if what happened in there wasn't the slightest bit awkward, I thought everything was sorted out between you and Fernando?" She added, I shrugged my shoulders slightly.

"He walked out on me after hearing Antoine confess feelings to me but Fernando just assumed I was going to leave him and so he left me and then tried to get me back—" I paused for a moment looking behind my shoulder seeing they boys were quite far from us, "That was a few months ago and so I went back to Antoine and since then I haven't spoken to him." I finished.

"He assumed you would leave him? But in the end you did." Beatriz added, I sighed understanding what she meant.

"I mean yeah I know, I'm a mess."

"You love Antoine right? He's the love of your life it makes sense, but what was Fernando to you?" Sofia asked me, I thought about it and thought so hard in the end I didn't know what to say.

"I don't know."

"Did you love him?" Sofia added, I dated him for a year it would've been a lie for me to say I didn't love him.

"Of course I did." I remember so clearly the amount of love I had for him, we'd spent the whole year practically loved up in each other's arms.

"Easy then, do you still love him?" It was as if my brain froze because I physically couldn't answer the question. As if on cue the boys interrupted us saving me from having to go any further.

"What are you girls talking about?" Diego asked laughing along with the boys, Sofia was quick to dismiss them as say we were talking about the latest makeup brand that came out which seemed pretty believable.

I laughed awkwardly and walked over to Antoine who quickly engulfed me in his arms, I had my hands in my pockets as he wrapped his arms around me placing a kiss on my forehead. I could see Fernando from the corner of my eye smiling ever so slightly at me, he turned back around and continued talking to Jorge. I felt horrible for even hugging or showing any type of affection with Antoine in front of him because I knew he was still hurting from the events that happened months. It was visible on this face how much he was hurting, the sadness evident in his eyes and it was only causing me pain to see someone I care about in that state.