12

All Yours
12 | Our little bubble

Bliss.

I felt pure bliss in these moments, everything was going the way I wanted it to go. I felt genuinely happy for the first time in a long time, I knew how I felt and that's all that mattered to me. I knew I was madly in love with Antoine and would be for the rest of my life, Fernando was out of the picture I knew I was done with him and everything surrounding us.

I woke up beside Antoine who was lightly snoring away, he had his back turned towards me. I lifted my hand up slowly stroking his soft, baby like skin. He started shifting and turned around facing me still with his eyes closed.

"Morning beautiful." He said opening his eyes slowly, he yawned before stretching out his tired limbs.

"Morning."

"How are you feeling?" He asked moving my hair out of my face.

"I'm feeling good today." I beamed, I truly felt different. I had so much energy pent up and I was ready to make use of it.

"We're going to be parents." Antoine said, he seemed as if he was still in awe.

"I know, I know." I said chuckling slightly at him.

"That's fucking amazing, the fact we made a child." I started laughing at his comment, he laughed along with me and together we were both laughing in our own little bubble.

A few hours passed and we'd gone out for lunch together, I was enjoying being around him the whole time today. Everything felt right, we'd gotten home and Antoine had to rush out again for training. I was sat on the couch with a cup of tea in my hand and netflix playing in the background. A knock on the door brought me out of my trance when I stopped the television and placed my mug on the table.

I opened the door and almost froze when I saw who was standing at the door, my brother who I hadn't spoken to in years. It felt as if a huge weight was dropped onto my shoulders and I could barely move, was my brother truly standing in front of me right now?

"Amelia." He simply said as though it was the most normal thing in the world.

"What are you doing here?" I asked seething with anger, I wanted to slam the door in his face but something inside stopped me from doing so.

"Can I come in?" I opened the door wider so he could come in, I hadn't talked to him in years but I felt as though I deserved some sort of an explanation.

He walked in as I led him into the dining room, we sat down at the table with him sitting across from me. No one said anything for the first few minutes, we both sat there staring at each other saying nothing. I didn't want to be the first to break the silence, I'd no idea on what to say.

"How have you been?"

"I've been good." I simply said, I wasn't going to reply any further.

"I've seen your life all over the internet, dating Antoine Griezmann and running your own company."

"Where have you been for the past ten years?" I got straight to the point, although something was telling me to tone it down.

"I know your mad, beyond that actually but I've been talking to mom and dad and I want to be in your life again."

"Tell me where you've been."

"I left home because of some stuff Mia, it's too much for you to understand."

"Try me." I said crossing my arms over my chest, I was feeling the fatigue hitting me.

"I can't tell you without compromising myself."

"What's that supposed to mean?" I asked only trying to feed my curiosity, I hadn't seen my brother in years and suddenly he turns up and can't tell me anything about where he's been? It all sounds dodgy to me.

"I mean if I tell you I'm not only putting myself at risk but also putting you at risk."

"You've been gone for years and I don't even get some sort of satisfaction, who even are you anymore Rafael?" His name rolled off my tongue in the most distaste way possible, I felt sick just saying his name.

"I'm still your brother! I'm still the same person." He slowly said lowering his voice slightly.

"You're still my brother? Tell me where he's been for the past ten years when I needed him?"

"I wish I could tell you but I just can't and you have to trust me when I say I'm doing it to protect you."

"To protect me? Then why are you here?"

"Mia I've missed you—" He paused for a moment, "Look at you all grown up, my little sister making a name for herself." He said speaking softly, I almost choked out a sob but managed to hold it in.

The door unlocked and closed shut when I hurt footsteps enter the dining room, Antoine walked in seeing me sat at the table with someone. He had no idea I had a brother, I'd never told him about Rafael. He had his back turned to Antoine, until he turned around and Antoine's eyes widened slightly but he quickly tried dismissing it.

I stood up from my chair walking over slowly to Antoine trying to hold my nausea in, it was around this time in the evening my sickness would hit me and I was trying so hard to hold it in. I turned my back to my brother facing Antoine who stroked my cheek with his thumb slowly,

"Are you feeling okay?" He asked concerned, I nodded slowly trying to fight this.

I turned around facing Rafael, "I think it's best you go." I said as he stood up, he looked at Antoine briefly before leaving the dining room.

I followed him to the door as he opened in and stood at the doorstep, "Will I be seeing you again?" He asked with a hint of concern in his voice, what would it matter if he didn't see me again? I was exactly enthusiastic to see him.

"I don't know." I truthfully answered, I wasn't going to lie and give him false hope.

"Goodbye Mia, see you soon." He said turning his back and walking away into the distance. I closed the door leaning against it for a few seconds trying to regain my breath back.

What confused me further was the fact Antoine walked in and looked at him almost as if he knew my brother, could that be the case? Rafael looked at him knowingly before leaving, almost as thought the two knew each other. I had no idea what had just happened and I didn't want to stress about it anymore.

"Who was that?" He asked as though he didn't know, I shrugged my shoulders annoyed.

"My brother."

"I didn't know you had one?" Antoine said faking a questioning tone, what was he not telling me?

"This was the first time I saw him after ten years." I simply answered trying to dismiss the whole situation, I didn't want to think or talk about it any longer.