06

All Yours
06 | Game day

Today was a big day for Antoine, his team had a huge game today against Barcelona and I was routing for Atlético to win. If they win this game they move to the final and that would mean the world to Antoine. I got ready wearing my classic Griezmann 7 shirt Antoine had given to me a few years ago, I've kept it ever since. It was the first shirt he'd given me as a sign to support his profession, he'd given me loads of new ones but I absolutely loved this one and the story behind it.

I remember it so clearly like it was yesterday, Antoine had found me in the library so engrossed in a book and told me he was taking me to France with him, I couldn't even refuse. I smiled thinking back to that memory, it was the holiday that we made things official between us. It was the perfect holiday, perfect story, perfect everything. Just remembering all the memories we've had together tells me that I shouldn't have to worry about anything, we're both story enough. We always end up going back to each other, so why am I stressing about Fernando?

"You ready?" Antoine called from downstairs, I shouted back I was coming down. I grabbed my phone placing it in my jeans pockets and walked down the stairs seeing Antoine standing in the foyer waiting for me.

"You look beautiful." He said quickly placing his lips on mine, I smiled widely back at him and we left the house. We both got into the car and started the drive to the stadium.

We were both belting out lyrics to every song playing on the radio, the weather was amazing today with clear skies and sun all around. I let my mind wonder for a while whilst we driving to the stadium, I thought about what I'm truly trying to do about everything. I came to a decision that I wasn't going to let Fernando invade my life or my thoughts again. I wasn't about to ruin something amazing with Antoine, this isn't the way I wanted to go about it. I don't want to do anything with Fernando, I don't want think about our relationship or anything.

We arrived at the stadium soon enough and walked straight into the halls, I left Antoine in the changing rooms and waited for him to come out so we could walk out onto the field. I waited for a while before he finally walked out mid conversation with Koke. I greeted him with a hug before we all walked out onto the field, I kissed Antoine good luck as I walked to find my seat next to Sofia and Beatriz.

"Hey girls!" I said as I greeted them sitting down beside them.

"How is everyone?"

"We are both doing great on this fine game day." Beatriz said, I smiled at both of them replying with the same as they returned the question.

"How are you?" Sofia asked, I knew she was asking more so deeply about Fernando rather than my actual wellbeing.

"I'm doing great, I'm happy with my decision." I said, both of them looked back and forth at each other before turning towards me.

"Go on..." Beatriz started, I waited a few seconds before I started.

"I'm happy with Antoine and that's where I want to be right now, there was a whole thing yesterday making me realise I want Antoine." I quickly explained the whole jacket situation to them.

"So you decided your not in love with Fernando?" Beatriz asked, I shook my head slightly. I was still unsure about that but the way I see it is I shouldn't worry about it right now.

"I'm still undecided about that but the point is that I love Antoine." They seemed somewhat content with my decision, I smiled sitting back in my seat waiting for the game to start.

The game was already half way and Atlético was in the lead with 2-0, I was practically on the edge of my seat hoping and waiting for the whistle to be blown for full time. Antoine was playing so well today, I'd always loved watching him play. Soon the whistle was blown and I stood up from my seat screaming and clapping my head off, so excited that Antoine was going through to the final. It was his dream to win those, and to go through to the final like this meant the world to him.

Once the stadium had gotten less empty the girls made our way to down the tunnels where the changing rooms was situated. We could hear the boys inside celebrating, screaming their heads off at their big win. We all started laughing outside the changing rooms, we were all just talking about having dinner after the game when Fernando was the first one to walk out of the changing room. He froze at the door once he saw me across the hall laughing with the girls, I instantly stopped laughing when we made eye contact.

"He's definitely going to want to talk to you." Beatriz whispered in my ear, I'd hoped it was quiet enough for only me to hear but there was also no one in the hall.

"Hey girls, mind if I steal Amelia for a second?" He said, I would've expected my so called friends to stop me from talking to him but the obvious is that they said it was fine.

I sighed under my breath as I walked further down the tunnel with Fernando, we stopped soon enough and I could still see the girls trying to listen in on the conversation. Idiots, I thought. I would've thought they wouldn't throw me under the bus like that but I guess I thought wrong.

"Congratulations on the win." I broke the silence, I didn't know what he wanted to say or what he was going to say, so I broke the silence.

"Thank you, hopefully we win the final." Fernando said smiling slightly, I smiled back awkwardly shifting in my place.

"You scored both goals which were also amazing." I said, I wasn't lying. Truly his goals were outstanding, I'd never seen him play like that before.

"Aha yes, you didn't notice this or more so no one did but I scored them for you." Right there and there it got more awkward, although it had already reached such a point I was sure it was through the roof. I could see Sofia and Beatriz reacting to what Fernando had said, they were worse than two teenager girls.

"Oh uh thanks I guess?" It sounded more like a question than an actual response, he started chuckling at me.

"You're so cute when you don't know what to say—" He paused moving slightly closer, "Listen I know this is awkward but it doesn't have to be." He said, I felt as if it had to be awkward because that's the only way I can avoid him. If it isn't awkward I'll want to talk to him all the time, I used to love talking to him. I could spend hours talking about pizza with him if I wished to do so.

"Well sorry about that." Why was I apologising? It wasn't a sincere one at best but it came right out of my mouth before I could stop it.

"It's fine—" This time he moved closer completely breaking the gap between us, "God why are you so beautiful?" I didn't know what to say, what was I supposed to say? Oh thanks Fernando. I was frozen, glued to my spot. I had nothing to say in response and really just wanted to leave this situation as soon as possible.

"I'll see you soon." He said placing a kiss on my cheek and with that he walked away. I stood there with my back against the wall seeing stars all around me, why was Fernando doing this to me? It was almost like he was truly trying to test me.

I walked back to the girls who practically had their jaws dropped onto the floor, I walked up to them putting my hand up motioning them to not even say a word about what they just witnessed. I was still pretty shocked myself and had nothing to say on the matter, thank the lord when the boys walked out of the changing rooms to save me from having to talk to the girls about what just happened. I didn't know what to say, my head was completely gone at this point. I love Antoine, that's what I know and it's supposed to be that way. I'm supposed to love Antoine and that's the way it is.