02

All Yours
02 | Simple

"I've got training all day today, I won't be home till eight." Antoine said as he walked into the kitchen grabbing his things.

"That's fine, I have some stuff to do anyways." I spoke, he stopped taking a sip of his coffee and placing a kiss on my forehead before rushing out of the house.

I didn't have much planned for today, my next shoot wasn't until next week. Sofia invited me for coffee around her house, I quickly tidied everything away from breakfast and left the house making my way to Sofia's house. She lived quite close to my house, only a ten minute walk. It was chilly today in Madrid and I'd stupidly left my jacket at home. I mentally scolded myself for only leaving the house is a flimsy long sleeve, I finally made it to Sofia's house and quickly walked in engulfed by the warmth in her house.

"Isn't it cold out today? Why don't you have a jacket?" Sofia asked as we walked through to her kitchen where she'd prepared hot beverages for us. I rolled my eyes at her, Sofia is like the mother in the counterpart of our friendship.

"I forgot, what is this interrogating Amelia?" I asked as I sat down on the circular table placed in her kitchen. I slowly sipped my drink allowing the hot contents to warm up my cold body.

"How are you today?" She asked sitting down across from me, I shrugged my shoulders.

"I'm okay, you?"

"I'm doing great." She sipped her tea slowly, I raised my eyebrows at her already knowing where she was trying to go with this.

"You know—" She started, "You never finished answering the question yesterday." I knew it was coming knowing how Sofia is, she's the type to never let anything go.

"How did I know you were going to ask me that?" I sarcastically replied only causing her to roll her eyes at me.

"Go on, answer it."

I waited a moment before answering because once again, I wasn't really sure what to say. Did I still love Fernando? I was almost sure that I didn't love him anymore but seeing him again could've uncovered something hidden in me. It sounds stupid, we were together for a year and a lot happened leading up to our break up, but was I really ready to let him go?

"I don't know, that's my genuine reply."

"Why? What's clouding your judgment?" Sofia asked, she knew me so well to know that I'm just not in the right headspace.

"I was with for a year and let me tell I was so madly in love with him, almost as close as how much I love Antoine which frankly scares me Sofia—" I paused for moment, where was I trying to go with this? "I feel as if I'm a horrible human being if I admit I still love Fernando, does that make me horrible?"

Sofia sighed before coming closer to me, "No honey, that makes you human. There's nothing wrong with that, after all you broke up with Fernando and went straight back to Antoine. You didn't have time to process it, it's okay if you still love him." She said, I looked at her processing everything she'd just told me. Was it really okay if I was still in love with Fernando? I was still unsure, it was an ongoing conflict in my head.

"But I'm supposed to love Antoine, after all he's the love of my life isn't he?"

"Why are you saying it as if you're asking yourself? You need time to think everything through Amelia." Sofia was right, I'd no idea what was going on with me. It was the sudden jump from loving Fernando to suddenly loving Antoine. It was too much for me, it felt as if my head were about to explode.

"I need time to think, I don't know what the hell is going on." I sighed placing my head in my hands, I was stressed out over something that really required such little complication.

"It's getting late and the boys should be home soon, I'm gonna go now." I stood up grabbing my phone placing in my pocket before saying goodbye to Sofia and starting the walk back home.

I ended up taking the longest way possible back home so I could have some sort of time to think through everything in my head, it was all a big ball of mess. I had no idea where to start with unscrambling my thoughts and I was almost sure they weren't going to give in any time soon. The cold was starting to get to me as I soon regretted wearing the flimsy top that didn't protect me at all from the cold. I knew I was definitely going to get sick after this, I sighed and realised I was only a few minutes away from home.

It was only seven when I checked my phone for the time, I was close to home but kept walking at a small pace to try and get some thinking time although I soon rendered it useless. I was walking with my head down trying to figure things out when I bumped into someone, I looked up quickly apologising when I soon realised it was Fernando who I'd bumped into. My luck must be out of this world.

"Sorry, I should really start looking where I'm going." I quickly spoke, he smiled weakly at me.

"It's okay." He simply said, I wanted to talk myself out of this awkward situation because it possibly couldn't get any worse than this.

"How are you?" He asked quickly as though he thought I was leaving, I was glued to the ground in my position because I physically couldn't bring myself to move.

"I'm doing okay, how about you?" I asked, I'd clearly lied about how I was but was I really about to spill my guts out to him? Of course I wasn't.

"I'm doing fine." He said keeping his eyes glued onto mine the whole time, they didn't wonder at any point and there we stood locked in with eye contact.

"Wait, aren't you supposed to be at training? It only ends at eight."

"Yeah I left early, I just wasn't in the mood to hear Antoine boast your relationship. I lied and said I wasn't feeling well." I instantly felt like absolute crap after hearing him say that, was this his attempt at making me feel bad for everything that happened?

"I'm sorry." I simply said although I wish I could've said more than that, I watched as he started chuckling.

"It's quite alright don't apologise for him, I've grown used to it." He took my apology in the wrong way, I wasn't apologising for Antoine but for myself and everything I'd caused surrounding our relationship.

"You look like you're freezing, here take this." Fernando peeled off his denim jacket and handed it over to me, before I could protest he had my arms through and soon the jacket was on me.

"That really wasn't necessary." I said, he smiled at me widely.

"Unless you want to freeze I suggest you just take it, I insist." He said, I smiled back at him thanking him for giving me his jacket. I knew this was his favourite jacket he would always wear when we went out together.

"I'll see you around, make sure you get home safely and not frozen." He joked before he turned his back and started walking away from me, I quickly made my way back home feeling the cold hit my bones.

Once I'd gotten I peeled the jacket off my body and placed it in my wardrobe so I could keep it safe, I knew if anything happened to his jacket he'd probably have a fit. I changed into my usual attire of an oversized jumper and joggers. As I laid on the couch flipping through channels I realised that things didn't have to be awkward between Fernando and I, everything is rather simple.