10

All Yours
10 | I love you too

Positive, pregnant

I couldn't believe my eyes, was I truly seeing this? I felt sick again. I wanted to throw up again, I stood there staring at the mirror pressing a hand onto my stomach. I was growing a human being, I watched as the tears slowly fell down my cheeks. I looked down at the test seeing the two lines, I was actually pregnant.

A knock at the door brought me out of my thoughts, Beatriz opened the door slowly and walked in. She stood behind me with caution until I finally broke the silence.

"I uh I took the test." I started sniffling, I quickly wiped my cheeks turning my body around towards her.

"And? What does it say?"

"I'm pregnant." I said, I waited for a reaction from Beatriz. Her whole face changed to a massive smile, her embraced me in a hug squeezing me tightly.

"Oh my god, congratulations!" She practically shouted in my ear, she let go of me looking at her so content.

"How do you feel?"

"I don't know yet, I'm shocked right now." I spoke truthfully, how was I supposed to feel? I was standing here pregnant with my ex boyfriends child, how do you expect me to feel?

"But this is a good thing right?" She asked, I waited for a moment before I answered her. I didn't know how to feel, was this supposed to be good or bad?

"I don't know Beatriz, how am I even supposed to tell him this? Won't he just think I'm saying it so we can get back together?" Some many different things were running through my mind, would Antoine think I was making it up?

"Why would he think that? Amelia stop, listen I'm here for you okay? I'll be here throughout the whole thing." She said placing her hands on my shoulders, she used her thumb to wipe the tears on my cheeks.

"What am I supposed to do? I can't even face him anymore." I said, what was I to do? Antoine is already angry at me, now springing up a pregnancy on him.

"Listen I'll call him and tell him it's urgent that you need to speak to him, and I'll be there with you if you need me to."

I was quick to argue with her, "No he won't come he'll just think I'm making it up." She cut me off before I could continue talking.

"Amelia calm down, he's going to come okay? Just stop stressing it isn't good for the baby." The way she said it made me realise I was truly pregnant, it wasn't something my mind had made up. I'm truly growing a child inside of my body.

"Okay, I'll calm down." I said sighing, I couldn't believe this was actually happening to me.

"Just go wait in the dining room, I'll make you a cup of tea." She said as we left the bathroom, I walked into the dining room sitting down at the table.

Beatriz helped me sit down as I was still slightly shaking from all the throwing up. Koke walked in bewildered, Beatriz quickly dismissed him telling him she'd explain everything later. He immediately understood and walked out of the dining room giving me a supportive smile. Beatriz walked into the kitchen preparing me a cup of tea whilst I sat waiting for what seemed like nothing. I could hear her on the phone and I instantly knew it was Antoine she was speaking to.

She soon walked in holding two mugs, she handed on to me as she then sat down beside me. I was looking down at my mug with my hand on the table, she put her hand on top of mine rubbing it. It was her way of telling me it's all going to be okay, but wasn't it really going to be all okay? I could only think about how Antoine was going to react, he was probably going to hate me even more than he already does. I put my head in my hands ready to breakdown again when the doorbell went off.