Houston's biography

HOUSTON- 39 years old

Childhood

With his mom was a psychologist and his dad was a teacher, John was raised to have compassion for his fellow humans. While growing up he was very interested in criminals, and their psychology. He also was passionate about detective work and studied it vigorously from a young age.

Adolescence

He got good grades, and even though he had few friends he didn’t care about that much. He had a couple of close friends and that was enough socialization to satisfy him.

Early Adulthood

He entered in a good college and still received excellent grades. He achieved his dream of becoming a detective a married his college sweetheart Amy. During his career he had a bad habit of putting too much faith in his suspects’ word and story. He made the huge mistake of not catching a serial killer who turned out to be someone he knew personally. The killer was right under his nose and he was too unwilling to see it until it was too late. He worked diligently and flawlessly after this mistake so that he could make up for it and get on his boss’s good side once again. While his nose was to the grindstone, Amy killed herself. John had no idea why she killed herself, and this shocked, bewildered, and ate at him. After this event he requested demotion to police officer and struggled to get by emotionally. This went on for some time, until eventually he was ready to move on and become a detective again. Unfortunately, his boss didn’t believe that he was ready, so Houston began to take some risks in order to prove himself. At this time he became familiar with the flock, and was trying to catch them when Leon approached him offering a deal. Houston took it without pause, but this wasn’t quite enough to get his promotion. Leon’s story struck a cord with Houston and he had some respect for Leon. Leon was friendly with Houston after Clay was born, and Houston often attended birthday parties and a couple of barbeques. After years passed, Houston was convinced that Leon was a good man, and they became friends.

Current

At the time Clay died, Houston was older and was aware of the fact he’d probably never get to be a detective again, but he was at peace with that fact. He felt being a police officer dealt a little more with caring for people and appreciated that fact, and enjoyed Maria as a partner. He was saddened by Clay’s death and tried to help Leon deal with it best he knew how although he was never good at communicating emotions.