Chapter Thirty Two(v3)

Chapter Thirty Two

Philip watched Leon's and Iris's conversation, unseen and thoughtful. He felt betrayed somehow. This trespasser was sitting in his kitchen, eating his food and there was nothing he could do about it. And Leon. Philip didn't like Leon, but he didn't hate him either. Leon had been through enough hardship and he didn't deserve more. Alexander was playing with him, pulling out each string of Leon's life, one at a time. Philip knew what it felt like to have your reality fall around you. It had happened to Philip all too many times. Before, Philip would have never dreamed of taking action, but now this was affecting his life too much. They had Daniel. Philip knew that Cale hadn't been the one to steal Daniel away, but Philip wondered if Cale was aware of how much Alexander was messing with him. Cale, after all, was still in business with Alexander. Perhaps there as something Cale could do to help the situation. He needed Daniel, and Leon didn't have hope of finding him. Cale might be his only choice, his one chance.

Philip shivered. Seeing Cale's apartment the way it was last time had not been a pleasant experience. He wished very much he didn't have to do it again. Yet he would. For Daniel.

After a brief mental argument, Philip climbed into the driver's seat of his Mustang, the feeling behind the wheel somewhat easing his anxiety. He could do this. Surely Cale would help. Philip was his brother and Daniel was his lover.

Daniel kidnapped by Leon was somewhat acceptable-Leon and Daniel shared a bond. Philip was sure that Leon wouldn't hurt him too much. Alexander had never been fond of Daniel. Philip could easily imagine Alexander torturing Daniel for very simple pleasure. Perhaps even kill him. Leon may be slightly insane, but Alexander was truly demented. Sadistic. A true psychopath.

Philip was about the turn the ignition on when he noticed a light tapping sound. Philip discovered Leon's wife standing beside his car, tapping the window. Philip found himself curious. He opened the door and climbed out, observing her with interest. She was pretty, perhaps even beautiful, yet it was something that didn't really capture him. It simply washed over him and passed by. Philip wondered if She had even spoken directly to him before. He couldn't recall a time. He waited for her to speak, which took longer than it should have. Philip wondered why, as he couldn't grasp that she was waiting for him to speak.

Finally, she cleared her throat and opened her mouth. "I'm sorry, are you busy?" She glanced over at the Mustang.

Philip shook his head.

She seemed to be trying to read Philip's expression, but without much success. "I never thanked you for letting Leon and I stay here. So thank you."

Philip blinked. Was this why she chased him down? To merely express her appreciation?

She appeared almost frustrated, but Philip couldn't understand why. A frown suddenly filled her face. Philip cocked his head.

"I'm sorry if this is rude," she said, "but how old are you?"

"Twenty five." Philip replied.

"You look much younger." She commented.

Philip nodded. He had grown accustomed to the statement.

"Did you inherit all this?" she asked.

Philip assumed she was talking about the property. He shook his head.

She whistled her admiration. "Wow." She breathed, looking at the Ferrari. "Did you get all this-" she dropped her voice, "-illegally?"