Chapter Thirteen(v3)

Chapter Thirteen

The men led Leon and Daniel toward the barn at a slow even pace, seemingly crawling. Leon looked over at them in confusion. These were Dante's men. So where was Cale? Where was Joanna? Philip had told Leon that they had joined forces. So where were only Dante's men here? Leon looked over at Daniel. Although he shook with fear, he didn't look surprised. Almost as though he knew something like this was going to happen. The barn drew closer, causing Leon's footsteps to falter. He didn't want to go in that barn. He knew what would happen. Hell, it was his job to know what happened when someone caught their enemy. One of the men urged him forward again with a push, and Leon turned his head to glare at the man. Although he had many questions, he didn't ask them. Asking them would only make him look weak. He stayed silent. Daniel followed his lead, but surely it wasn't because of his pride. Perhaps Daniel already knew the answers to those questions. They were led into the barn, with its floor covered in hay, but otherwise barren except for a chair in the corner. Leon looked around in confusion. What was happening here? Why was there no-one here? Nothing here?

"Get another chair." One of them muttered, and another nodded and left.

"What's going on here?" Leon growled. This was supposed to be Dante's territory. So why was it devoid of, well, everything? There was no trace of anyone, or any illegal activities, except what was being done to Leon and Daniel.

They wouldn't answer him. Without words, they brought the chair over and another brought a second chair they had found.

"Sit." They commanded.

Leon sat in one chair, and Daniel sat in the other. Leon's fists curled. Would they interrogate him? After all this time as the interrogator, the roles were switched. He preferred being on the other side of the fence. They tied their hands and feet to the chair, then stood in front of them.

Leon glared at them angrily, but without another word they left.

"Tell Dante we got them." Leon could hear one mutter to another.

The barn door closed, leaving Leon and Daniel alone, though Dante's men waited outside. Leon twisted his head in Daniel's direction.

"Start talking." He growled in a low voice.

Daniel bit his lip. "I...you'll hurt him if I tell you."

Leon frowned. Daniel had said that before, before Dante's men took them. What did he mean? Who would he hurt? How did this even happen? It was almost as though...Dante had been expecting Leon. His eyes widened in surprise as he realized what had happened. How could he have trusted that little boy. That stupid-

"Your idiot boyfriend set this up, didn't he!" Leon exclaimed with rage.

Daniel hung his head.

"What the hell Daniel?! You knew?!"

Daniel nodded.

"How did this happen? Why?" he had so many questions he couldn't figure out which ones to ask.

Daniel sighed. "Leon, what did you think would happen? You were going to kill Cale. Cale. Philip's brother."

"I wasn't going to kill him!" Leon defended himself. "Only if he had killed Clay."

"Let's face it Leon. You aren't in the best place right now. You hate Cale, and Cale hates you for what you did to him. Not to mention he's a pretty good suspect for the murder. You really think you wouldn't have killed him?" Daniel smiled sadly. He knew how Leon's temper could get out of hand. "Philip was just trying to protect him brother."