Daniel's biography

Daniel is one of my favorite characters, if not my favorite. He was supposed to die in TS&TS but I loved him and Philip so much I couldn't do that to them. I think it worked out, because it gave the book a surprisingly happy ending. 

DANIEL- 35 years old

Childhood

Daniel was the son of a cop and a secretary. When he was young, Daniel was very close to his father, and spent a lot of time with him learning about police work. Daniel didn’t necessarily find the subject interesting, but he was happy to spend time with his dad. Daniel was a poor student growing up, but was very popular, social, and happy.

Adolescence

When Daniel was a young teen, in late middle school he came to the realization that he was different, and this thoroughly frightened him. He was sure that someone would discover his secret, and thought that if he got too close to people they would automatically know. Daniel withdrew from his friends and family. Became a geek but still did poorly in school. When he was in his first year of high school he met Leon, who he saw as badass and awesome. They became friends and Leon helped Daniel out of his shell a bit. About a year later Daniel started to make other friends, and became very popular. Once gaining his popularity, Daniel began ditching Leon in favor of his new friends. Daniel didn’t consider Leon a friend anymore. Sometime later Daniel wrongly interpreted signs from a boy, and word got around very quickly that he was gay. Daniel was ostracized by his friends, the school, and even ignored by his father. The hurt and pain of not being wanted by anyone, and abandoned by even his dad drove him to considering suicide. At this time period Leon was keeping an eye on Daniel and knew what was going on, and through intuition knew what Daniel was thinking about. Leon confronted Daniel about the suicide, and they quickly became friends again. Daniel felt saved by Leon and awed by him. From that day forward Daniel was always loyal to his friend, keeping with him until the end. They both did poorly in school and began breaking a great many rules. They dropped out of school and ran away together. They were on their own for a time, and then met Alexander and went into business together.

Early Adulthood

Daniel always had a thing for alcohol, but when Leon and Alexander became good friends it began to really blossom. He was functional with his drinking, but it was obvious that he was still dependent on it, and could always be found at a bar. Perhaps(undoubtly), this was because Leon and Alexander were spending a lot of time together, and Daniel felt like a jealous third wheel, so he was trying to find somewhere else to fit in to feel better. When Cale and Philip joined the flock, Daniel fell in love with Philip straight away, but went slowly because he knew how shy and cautious Philip was. They slowly formed a friendship, and as Daniel made a move they formed a relationship. During this time Philip was making more money as a programmer, and therefore Daniel wanted to move in. Philip didn’t want to because he was always very protective over his personal space. Even deeper than that, Daniel was still drinking. Philip hated Daniel drinking, but was scared that if he brought it up, he’d lose his love. Philip knew, deep down, that if Daniel lived with him, the issue would be forced to come at a head, and Philip wasn’t ready for that yet. Then Leon betrayed them.

Current

Surprisingly, Daniel didn’t have much trouble in prison. He slipped quickly into the background, and if there was any trouble he could usually ease the tension with his personality. He tried to protect Philip, but he couldn’t be there all the time. During his time, Daniel recovered from his alcohol addiction, and when he was released, he and Philip moved in together immediately. Daniel was unbelievably content in life when Leon found him.