16

Rina sat beside Taehyung with a tea in her hand as the others tried to get comfortable. Hoseok was shifting in his seat, his eyes never once landing on her. Taehyung shrugged slightly when Rina looked at him and she sighed.

"Hoseok, can you please explain why you suddenly left?" Rina asked, "I don't hate you for it,"

"You will hate me for it," Hoseok said and ran his hand through his hair "We dated, what, over 4 years ago?"

"Probably,"

"When you first started working for that company," Hoseok said, "At that time, things were great but I had to leave,"

"Why? Was your family-"

Hoseok laughed bitterly "My family were fine and they still are. Rina, someone threatened me. He said that if I didn't leave you alone, then he was going to kill me and my family,"

"What?" She said putting her mug down "What do you mean?"

"He even held a knife to my throat and showed me pictures of my family sleeping. The guy was crazy and he was serious," Hoseok said quietly, "I'm sorry. I should have called the police but I knew they wouldn't have done anything about it,"

"Do you remember his face?" Namjoon asked.

Hoseok shook his head "No. I moved back a few months ago and when I applied for the job, I forgot you worked there. It wasn't until I saw you today that I realised I was supposed to stay away from you if I wanted to live,"

"I'm so sorry," Rina said, "You should have just told me and then-"

"If I was seen talking to you then I would have been killed," Hoseok said, "I really did love you Rina but I was too scared to stay around,"

Rina rubbed the top of her arm "Hoseok, you don't need to feel bad"

"I do because-"

"You weren't the only one to dump me over text or suddenly disappear," Rina said, "The last 4 years have been strange but I never thought anything of it. I always thought it was me, so when Taehyung came along, I was scared because I thought it would happen again,"

"Are you sure you didn't recognise him?" Jin asked, "If you could point him out it would be a lot of help for her"

"Why?"

"Because he works for the company and he is a stalker," Taehyung said, "I caught the bastard watching over her as we slept. There's a reason why she lives here"

Hoseok shook his head "I'm really sorry, but I didn't-"

"Here," Namjoon said pushing his phone over to him "Was this the guy that threatened you?"

Rina couldn't help but chuckle "This isn't an interrogation,"

"No, but if he could recognise Jungkook then you can take this back to the police,"

Hoseok looked at the photo and shrugged "It was dark and the guy who threatened me didn't have glasses or hair in his face. I can't really see his face here anyway,"

"Then imagine him without the glasses," Jin said.

"Alright," Taehyung said, "Enough. Leave the guy alone. He said he doesn't know him so let's leave it. I'm ordering pizza, so does anyone have a preference to a pizza or can I just order?"

"I'd like-" Rina began.

"I know what pizza you want babe," Taehyung grinned "Ham and pineapple."

"Ew," Jin said, "Are you human?"

"Pineapple goes with gammon steaks, so it goes on pizza," Rina said, "If you don't agree then fight me. Don't judge it until you try it,"

A few hours later, Hoseok and the others left Taehyung's house. They managed to avoid the subject of Rina's stalker but they were still worried about her.

"This is me guys," Hoseok said stopping at a turning "I'll see you tomorrow,"

Namjoon and Jin said their byes and Hoseok walked off, with a heavy sigh. He ran his hands through his hair and kicked an empty bottle across the road. A few cars drove by, splashing through puddles made earlier by the heavy rain. A car shot through a puddle and sent it crashing into Hoseok's legs.

"Seriously?" He muttered and stared at his soaked legs. He sighed and carried on walking home with puddles forming in his shoes. 

Small groups of friends walked by giggling and a few laughed at how soaked Hoseok had become but he just sent them a tight smile and carried on walking. He saw another car coming and he quickly moved out of the way so not to get splashed by yet another puddle. But the car stopped next to him.

Hoseok's eyes went wide as someone climbed out and Hoseok stumbled back, almost tripping over his over feet.

"Hello Mr Jung," He smiled broadly at him "I see that you didn't listen to me,"

"I-I don't w-want her!" Hoseok said, backing away from him "I d-didn't touch her!"

"I've been watching you Hoseok," 

Hoseok saw the twinkle of the blade in his hand as he moved it into the moonlight. Hoseok's eyes went wide and he turned to run. He slipped a few times but he kept on his feet, running as fast as he could. In blind panic he turned down an alley, jumping over knocked over bins and he ran until his lungs felt like they were about to burst.

He skidded to a stop at the end of the alley and bent over to catch his breath, looking both ways, trying to decide which way to go. He looked over his shoulder and saw a dark shadow moving towards him quickly. 

"Shit," He cursed and he turned to run back to Taehyung's house. He just hoped they were awake and downstairs to let him in before the killer got hold of him.

Hoseok's legs burnt and he could feel himself slowing down. The rain had started to drizzle and it mixed in with the sweat that had formed on his body. His work shoes weren't helping him as the grip was non-existent but he pressed forward, not wanting to end up in the hands of the killer.

A small, frantic laugh escaped his lips as he spotted Taehyung's house and he gritted his teeth forcing himself to carry on running, despite his legs feeling like jelly. He crashed full speed into the door and banged away, yelling for Taehyung's name.

He looked towards the end of the road to see the killer still chasing him.

"Taehyung!" Hoseok yelled "Let me in! Please, let me in! Please help me!"