9

Rina knocked on her bosses door and waited to be called in. It had been a few days since the letter from Bomi, but she still wasn't convinced. There was something wrong about the letter and no one believed her. Even Taehyung thought she was overthinking, but she knew that Bomi was in danger. Her gut was telling her that her friend needed help. Rina just didn't know how to help her especially because she didn't know where Bomi had gotten to.

A voice called her in and she walked into the office trying not to shake. Mr Jeon was intimidating and someone who rarely showed any emotion other than annoyance and anger. He didn't bother looking up as Rina walked towards his desk, he carried on scrolling through his computer.

"What can I do for you?" He said, still not looking at her.

"Sir, I was going to ask about Bomi," Rina said, "I just wanted to-"

"She quit. What more do you want?"

"But sir, I don't believe that she would just quit like that."

Mr Jeon sighed and took his glasses off "Rina, there are some things that you do not understand in this world. And one of them is the reason to why she quit. I accepted her letter of resignation and now she doesn't work here. You are over thinking this"

"Bomi was close to a promotion. This can't be right. Can you at least tell me why she quit?"

"If you were close with her, then she would have told you"

There was another knock on the door, and Rina turned to see Jungkook walk in. She frowned at how stern he looked but when he caught eyes with her, it looked like a rabbit caught in the headlights.

"Jungkook," Mr Jeon said getting to his feet "What are you doing here?"

"I wanted to talk to you," Jungkook said.

"I see," Mr Jeon said, "Rina if you are that worried about Bomi, then why don't you call her?"

"I tried," Rina sighed, "Her number is no longer in use and her flat is empty"

Mr Jeon looked over at Jungkook "I will try and get in contact with her. Get back to work Rina"

"Yes sir and thank you," Rina said.

Mr Jeon nodded "If you keep up the good work, you are most likely to get a promotion"

"Really?"

"Of course," He said, looking over at Jungkook "I am planning to expand my business. Maybe you'd be interested in leaving the country for a while? To help build up the new business of course"

Rina smiled slightly "Can I think about it?"

"Once you have your answer, you can come to me straight away," He said, "Now, if you may. I'd like to speak with Jungkook"

"Yes, sir. Thank you!" Rina said and rushed out of the room with a big smile.

Jungkook watched her run off and turned his attention back to his dad, who was glaring at him.

"What do you want Jungkook?" He hissed, "You never come to see me"

Jungkook smirked, "Is that any way to speak to your son?"

"You are no son of mine Jungkook," He said, "Do you have any idea what you have done to your mother and me?"

"Have you any idea what you have done to me?" Jungkook snapped "Because you have done a lot worse to me"

"Bullshit," Mr Jeon hissed, "I have lost the number of times that you have almost been caught with your stupid obsessions. I won't stand for it anymore"

Jungkook tutted, "You are sounding crazy father"

"The only crazy one in this room is you,"

Jungkook clenched his fists and stepped forward to punch the lamp from the desk. It smashed onto the floor and he laughed slightly.

"Father, you look scared. Do I scare you?" Jungkook smirked "I came to tell you something. If you want me to be good, then you will give me more money"

"Done. Now get out of my sight."

Jungkook reached forward and picked up a photo of his mother and father. He scoffed before dropping it to the floor. He looked up at his dad and stomped on it, cracking the glass.

"How cute," Jungkook said, "You keep a photo of her on your desk. Even though she is the crazy one"

"Your mother is sick but she isn't crazy. You made her unwell Jungkook. You have to stop hurting people"

"And you are going to stop me?" Jungkook lifted his eyebrow "Father, you will protect me because you know what will happen if you don't. I wouldn't want to have to move again"

"This will end. I know how you look at Rina. I will not stand for your-"

"Sending her away will be the wrong thing to do, father," Jungkook said, looking at his father through his dark hair "You will regret messing with what is mine. I hope you realise that"

"Stay away from her, Jungkook," Mr Jeon said, "If you-"

"You won't do anything," Jungkook said, leaning over the desk "Because if you do, then I will be upset and we all know what happens when I get upset"

Mr Jeon gulped "Get out of my office. I don't want to see you again"

"I expect the money to be in my bank by the end of the day. I have some redecorating to do" He chuckled and walked towards the door "The blood in my basement is starting to annoy me. Have a nice day father"

Jungkook slammed the door behind him and Mr Jeon dabbed the sweat away from his brow. He loosened his tie and sat down hard on his chair, running his hand through his hair. He grabbed his phone and quickly transferred money over to Jungkook.

He didn't want to admit it. But he had no choice. He was scared of his own son. Ever since he was little, Jungkook showed signs of being a normal little boy. He killed their pets and played with their dead bodies. He dissected the last dog they had and kept the organs in the jar, nailing its tongue to the wall.

Mr Jeon and his wife had tried so hard to give him medication and tell the police that their son was unwell, but whenever he had an assessment, the organs in jars and dissected animals had gone. They still didn't know where everything went and they didn't want to know what happened to the body parts.

It had been a while since Jungkook had an obsession with a girl and the last time it happened, she ended up taking her own life.

"Shit," Mr Jeon said, "I have to warn Rina"