chapter twentynine

Liam and I were walking through the school hallway. Scott told me last night that someone was taking the dead bodies and no one knew how. As well, Malia apparently found some book that explains what could possibly be happening. It's called 'The Dread Doctors'. 

Kira went to the library this morning with Scott and printed copies for us all to read. I headed towards class and I couldn't stop reading the book. This stuff was crazy. 

'In a small New England town, teenagers are taken in the night and buried alive. Days later they emerge transformed, wreaking havoc and spreading terror, commanded by an ancient order of parascientists known only as the Dread Doctors'. That was on the back of the book, describing what it was about and it seemed oddly familiar to what we were going through right now. 

First we have all these Chimeras showing up and now these 'doctors'. I feel like this could be more than we can handle and I don't want Scott stressing out like he usually does.

I was flipping through the pages when I got to the last page in the book. "Look at this. Look at the "Acknowledgements" page." I said to Liam as I placed my arm in front of him so that we would both stop walking. "For providing scientific perspective and invaluable insight... this book is dedicated to Dr. Gabriel Valack." I continued to read to Liam out loud. 

My head shot up and I looked straight down the hallway, Scott and Kira were rushing down the hallway towards us. "What is it? Do you know who it is?" Liam questioned. 

"I know exactly who he is, and where he is" I replied back to Liam. I remember Scott telling me about Valack and how he's back at Eichen house, way down in the basement. 

"We're going to Eichen tonight, meet us there at 7." Scott said as he finally got to us, before rushing off again with Kira. 

Liam and turned to each other and then ran out towards Liam's car that was in the carpark in front of school. Scott texted saying that we 'better come prepared', which worries me that he has a feeling this could be dangerous. 

▷▷

We all got to the front gates at Eichen house. Kira and Lydia were trying to get the attention of the workers through the buzzer and speaker so we could try and get inside. 

"Hello? Anyone there?" Lydia said, pressing the buzzer and talking to the speaker but no one was responding.

I walked over towards where the boys were and Stiles looked a bit off. "Are you going to be okay in there?" Scott asked Stiles.

"Yeah. Why?" Stiles questioned back. Stiles rubbed the back of his neck, I think Scott could read Stiles's movements easily cause we both knew Stiles wasn't himself at the moment. "You just seem a little off." Scott responded. 

Stiles just looked more and more uncomfortable "I think we're all a little off." He said back to Scott. Scott sighed before continuing to talk "Maybe some of us more than others." He said as he turned his head in the direction of where Kira was standing. 

I was so confused "Wait. What happened?" I asked Scott. I stepped closer and crossed my arms. There was something he hadn't told us." When the other Chimera, Lucas, when he came after us, I heard Kira say something in Japanese." Scott started to explain.  

Stiles nodded his head, as he was listening to Scott. "That doesn't sound too bad." He told Scott. 

Scott stared at Stiles. "She doesn't know any Japanese." He told Stiles. I started to smile a bit, because this was quite interesting. "Still not terrible." Stiles replied. I couldn't help but laugh a little. 

Scott rubbed the back of his head "I also think I might have stopped her from killing Lucas." He said quietly. I know he probably didn't want to talk about it with us, seeing that it's Kira.