chapter twentyseven

"So you're telling me that the boy that you and Liam have been best friends with since you were kids, didn't know what you both are?!" My mom asked as she set up the dinner table. 

Last night Stiles dropped Liam and I at the school to see Mason. He wasn't too happy with us both for being late and he told us that he's been feeling left out a lot lately. I really did feel bad for how Liam and I have been acting towards Mason. He has the purest heart and we don't mean to keep secrets from him, it's just too hard for us to explain everything right now. 

But the strangest thing happened. As we were apologising to Mason for being late, a wolf appeared behind Mason and I. It chased us down several hallways within the school until Liam roared back at it, causing it to run away from him. That was when Liam exposed himself to Mason. 

To both our surprise Mason was really calm about Liam being a werewolf but as soon as I told him what I was, mental. He was so excited and had so many questions. 

"It's all clear now, no more secrets between our group. This is delicious by the way." I replied back to Nora as I took a bite out of the bread she bought from the bakery. 

I was staying at her house tonight and it was really nice just spending time with her. I've been going back and forth between here and the other house with Melissa because I don't want to be apart from either of them. 

Nora walked over towards the stove as she continued stirring the soup we were having for dinner. "I'm happy to hear that you and Liam are greater than ever as well. It makes any mothers heart melt when their daughter is this happy." She told me with a massive smile on her face. 

I was so content with my life right now that I just couldn't take it all in. Everyone was just happy and doing well, maybe not Stiles but he's always looking for something to dive into. "Did you ever get that feeling that your life was just too perfect?" I asked her as she poured some soup into the bowels. 

"There have been many moments in my life where I thought the exact same and the only thing I can tell you is to just enjoy it, because anything can happen." My mom replied. She was right, I just have to focus on the now. 

"Liam bought me a promise ring." I told her, as she took a seat at the dinner table. I couldn't stop fidgeting with it ever since I got it. 

"What! Wait a minute? Liam bought you a ring?" She said loudly in shock

"What! Wait a minute? Liam bought you a ring?" She said loudly in shock. I think we both thought Liam wasn't the type of guy to do small romantic things like that. 

"Yeah, he gave it to me on Senior Scribe night. It was a really sweet way of him to start our sophomore year together." I said as I smiled down looking at the ring.

"I never thought my witch daughter would have a werewolf boyfriend but as long as he keeps you safe and happy then I have no reason to fry his brain with the snap of my fingers." She joked as we both started laughing.