chapter eighteen

Morning came and Scott and I were on the way to school. He gave me a ride on his bike and not going to lie, was the only thing I was looking forward to about school today.

A few lessons went by and I had free period. The boys and I just finished our history test which I completely forgot to study for but I had Lydia's notes from when she was in my year, thank god because they helped so much for a last minute cram session.

Mason texted me to come to the gym to see them. I'm not a big fan of the gym but I do love to spectate.

I walked through the gym doors and saw Liam and Mason over by the weights. Not going to lie, was really enjoying the view of all the boys in the gym right now. I could tell by Mason's face he was too.

I went over to stand beside Mason and bumped him with my elbow. We both laughed as we watched one guy on the treadmill. I looked down at Liam and he was placing quite a lot of weights on the bar. "That's a lot of weight." I told him.

Liam sat down on the bench and looked up towards me "I'm trying to get ready for the game tomorrow." He explained. I looked over at Mason and we were both so confused.

Mason looked back at Liam "You need a spot?" He offered. Liam must be insane if he thinks he can do that. Even with his werewolf strength that still seems to be a lot.

Liam looked down at Mason dumbbell and then turned his gaze towards Mason "No. Do you?" He questioned. 

I turned to look down at the weight Mason was holding, didn't seem to be that much compared to what Liam had on his bar "This is my warm-up, you ass

I turned to look down at the weight Mason was holding, didn't seem to be that much compared to what Liam had on his bar "This is my warm-up, you ass." Mason said, laughing back at Liam for asking. 

Mason put down his dumbbell and moved over towards the side of the weight bench "Wait, what are you doing?" Liam questioned. 

Mason looked down at Liam with a confused face "I'm spotting you." He told Liam. Liam started getting a bit aggravated "I said I don't need one." Liam said to Mason in a bit of an angry tone. 

Mason just looked at Liam like he was insane, even I thought he was being insane. "Are you kidding me? This is like 300 pounds. You're gonna kill yourself." Mason informed Liam. 

Liam completely ignored what Mason said and laid down on the bench. He lifted the weight just slightly above his chest and  pushed it up all the way until it slipped into the holding socket. Liam sat back up and looked at Mason and I with a cocky expression "Do I look like I need help?" He asked Mason, rhetorically. 

Liam went back down to the bench and lifted the weight back up and off the holding socket. I turned around to face Mason, seeing that Liam doesn't really acknowledge us at the moment. 

"Is he mad at me? What's wrong with him Tess?" Mason asked, lifting his dumbbell on the side of his body. I sighed, knowing that I couldn't tell Mason what was really going on with Liam.