Chapter 27: "Pimpin Aint."

Lexi In The Multimedia.

-

Dallas, TX
Monday, June 27, 2018
11:45 am

LYRIC.

"Hey Omari" I said smiling as I walked through the store door. I cheesed hard as I heard the familiar bell that I haven't heard in a while go off, I looked around the store to see it was set up differently.

"Lyric," Omari spoke excitedly as he came from around the counter and hugged me tightly. "Pops, mom, Lyric is here!" He yelled and they both came from the back.

"Oh Lyric, where have you been?" Irie called out as both her and Scottie hugged me too.

"I was you know, out. Took a few days to vacay," I said as they all let go of me. "I see you guys changed the store around"

"It was my idea" Omari smiled and his mama smacked her lips.

"So how are you? Are you coming back to work at the store?" Scottie asked me.

"I'm living," I said back. "And that's if you are willing to give the job back to me" I smiled.

"Of course, we will always need help around here. We were still deciding if we would give Omari the full time job to this place the rest of the summer, but by the looks of it we can't. He's been too wrapped up with this girl-" Mari cut off Scottie.

"You guys met her before" Mari said.

"And she wasn't quite a nice girl either" Irie said.

"Well it's almost time for me to go have lunch with her, so could you guys hurry it up and talk to Lyric?" He asked and I looked at him crazy.

"What do I have to do with you and your girl?"

"I want you to meet her"

"Already? I don't think-"

"You have Divi-" I cut him off by clearing my throat. "Just meet her?" He asked.

"Sure.." I said as I looked down at the floor, hoping they didn't catch on to what Omari just said. It was quiet for a split second as Scottie and Irie both looked at each other. Irie then cleared her throat and looked at me.

"I'll leave Lyric with you in a moment son, let me just let speak with her," She said and I followed her to the break room. She closed the door behind her and I sat down on the sofa as I looked around the room. I couldn't wait until started working back here again. "So how are you, really?" She finished asking me.

"I could be better. I shouldn't have did what I did, you know, leaving without letting people know where I was"

"We were all worried, especially Divine and Omari. But you're okay now. Well not officially okay but you're back home with the people that love you"

"Yes, you're right"

"So...I can see you decided on the decision for your baby" She nodded and I started to feel guilty and uneasy in my stomach.

"Yes...."I looked down.

"Do you regret it?" She asked and I thought about her question. I never really thought about the situation and aftermath but now that she's asked me, I do.

"Yea-yes. But it's over now and there's nothing I can do about it. I can only protect myself and not be so clumsy. But I promise myself that if I ever accidentally get pregnant again, I will keep the baby no matter what"

"Well, that's good. I just have one more question and we can leave this conversation to rest"

"Yes?" I looked at her. She sat down by me and held my hand as she looked me in my eye.