Chapter 4: "Real Niggas Ain't Dead, They Just Live In The South."

Divine "Dee" In The Multimedia

-

Dallas, TX
Saturday, May 4, 2018
11:56 am

DIVINE.

"Ima just sit hea', and we gon be on the phone till you fall asleep, alright?" I said to Lyric.

"Alright.." She replied and I could feel her smile through the screen. Her happiness...

I was thinking about my memories of Lyric and me. I couldn't help but reminisce on how we  used to stay on the phone all night and text all day. Talk about conspiracy theories, music, and whatnot. Lyric even made me a music playlist and I made her one too. We used to bump IcyTwat and blast Asap Mob. I was seventeen, Lyric was fifteen. She was a sophomore and I was a senior. I lived in Texas, she lived in Cali so we never met, no.

To me, I always found it funny how our friendship started. We had each other on the gram, just strangers. Lyric was desperate for advice with no real guidance. I slid up on her poll with a simple conversation and it lead to a friendship. 

It's been three years since I last talked to Lyric. She hadn't even crossed my mind. Maybe once or twice. I stalked her Instagram page a few times before I turned eighteen though, just to check up on her. I was barely a teenager so by heart, I didn't take anything seriously. But still, I valued my friendship with her—even if it was just online.

I wondered what happened between her and Bino. He just came back out, roughed up, and mad. He didn't want to talk about shit but went straight to the females of course. No doubt, one of them stayed back at the pool party with him. That's how women were with him, always been.

I brushed my waves with my hand before clearing my throat and getting out of my bed. I ran my fingers through my beard as I got up to brush my teeth and do my regular hygiene. Once I was done, I grabbed my phone and headed downstairs to cook myself some brunch. I called up Bino as I opened up the fridge. 

"Wassup?"  he answered nonchalantly on the fourth ring. By the tone of his voice, he knew what I was already calling him about. 

"What you on?"

"Just the regular, you?"

"I ain't on nothing. You know why I called ya ass though, right?"

He scoffed. "Yeah"

"Wassup wit you and ole guh'? How you know ha'?"

"Why? you know ha' or something?"

"Nah, I'm just asking. Mari wanted to see wassup"  I lied.

"Well if Mari wanted to know, why he ain't askin' me himself?"

"Bino, you are a grown-ass man brah"

He smacked his lips. "And Mari ain't?"

"He's just looking out fa' his friend. She's new in town and she already got a bad start from you"

"Man listen, shorty just a tease. I bagged her and tried to fuck, simple. That's it, that's all. Ion got shit to say. She was sending mixed signals and I guess I came off wrong, I don't know, but I left ole guh' alone fa' real"