Chapter 13: "Journey Of A Gemini." (PT1)

Dallas, TX
Monday, May 24, 2018
8:22 am 

LYRIC. 

I couldn't believe it. God has blessed me many times before but was so quick to let me slip up with Dee--or maybe our conversation about it jinxed me. I took a deep breath as I looked at the pregnancy test I took two days ago. I should've thrown it out but I really could not believe it. I was real-life pregnant...but I knew I wasn't going to be for long.

After me taking the test and finding out I was, I didn't wait any longer with popping up to a clinic and setting an appointment for an abortion. I knew my choice was wrong, but I didn't have any other options. I wasn't ready for a kid at all, and truly, I didn't even want any. Dee fitted underneath that category as well.

I was just ready to get all of this over with. It was killing me to keep this a secret from everyone but I knew it was for the better. All I had to do was get through today, get my money, and use that paycheck for tomorrow then everything was going to be over. I just prayed that God will forgive me for the sin of murder.

I heard my phone go off and I looked at it. It was just Dre telling me he was outside. I grabbed my stuff and headed out to his rental car. It was weird with Dre being here, it was something different in him. I guess he was dedicated to fixing our relationship now, I just didn't know how I felt about it though.

Ever since I started fucking with Divine it's like everything Dre did just annoyed me. Crazy because when I was dating Dre and we were on and off, I could never fuck with another nigga to get over him. It was like everybody else irritated me. I would rather deal with his bullshit than anyone else's but now that has changed. I didn't know how I felt about him. It was a part of me that wanted to keep my relationship with Dre but also a huge part of me that wanted to let him go. "Wassup bae," he said to me as I hopped in his car.

"Hi," he kissed me as I responded. It was just a peck before he drove off. "So, what's up? Why did you want to take me to work?"

He grabbed my hand and kissed it as he looked at the road. "I'm taking you out, so what time do you get off of work?"

"Dre, it's a Monday."

"That don't mean nothing"

"You couldn't wait till Friday?"

"Nah, so what time do you get off?"

"At three and don't forget"

"I'm not" he smiled.

I scoffed and laughed. "Yeaaah Alright and where are you taking me on this "Monday" date?"

"Nothing too special. The special one is for later. Right now it's just a casual date"

"Yeah but I want to know"

Dre looked at me. "You'll see. It's nothing special though"

"So just tell me"

"We're going to the movies and out to eat. That's all"

"Alright. I hope we're movie hopping too" I said as I put my hand on the back of his neck and rubbed it.

"Ahh, what you thought? I was gon spend thirty dollars on some damn tickets and we were just gonna watch one movie? Nahh bae, you know me better than that" We pulled up to the corner store, and I saw Dee walking out. "Lemme walk you in" Dre said as he got out of his car and started walking towards my door. He opened the passenger door and I hopped out, making eye contact with Dee.

Dre put his arm around my shoulders as we went to the store door. I began to get that feeling in my stomach again. I was hoping whatever was happening with Dre and I didn't affect my relationship with Divine. After the shit that happened at the alley three days ago, he and I didn't speak too much after that. If anything, we didn't speak at all.