Chapter 10: "Crew Love." (PT1)

Amira In The Multimedia

-

Dallas, TX
Wednesday, May 8, 2018
1:03 pm

LYRIC.

I yawned as I woke up and got out of my bed, rubbing my eyes as I headed towards the bathroom to pee. Once I was done, I wiped myself and looked at the tissue. I was glad I wasn't bleeding any more. Dee left me sore, but not sore enough to the point where I couldn't keep my composure and walk straight. With the help of Tuck's pads, ya girl was able to move smoothly.

Once I was done using the bathroom, I didn't even bother to wash my hands. I was going to go back in there but I just had to check my tracker. It was stupid enough to think I was going to get pregnant, but for the sake of Divine, I had to let him know that I wasn't. I opened my Period Tracker app, Flo, and read the number of days until the start of my cycle. Ten days.

I took a deep breath before closing my phone and laying it flat on its screen. I stripped my clothes off until I was fully naked then hopped into the shower. I took a twenty-minute shower then hopped out and did my regular hygiene. I was in a good mood so I felt the need to switch up on my look today. Deciding to braid my hair in cornrows and then glue on my bob-cut lace front wig.

I lathered my body in baby oil then put on my Victoria's Secret 'Coconut Passion' lotion on top to lock in the scent. An olive green biker shorts and an olive green tube top to match for clothing. Once finished, topping it all off by spraying my 'Coconut Passion perfume all over my body then going on and doing my eyebrows and applying some false eyelashes with lip gloss. I grabbed my small MK backpack and placed all the things I needed in there before looking in my closet to decide what shoes I was going to wear.

I grabbed my Authentic Checkered Platform Vans out of the box then put on my invisible socks before putting my shoes on. I put on my anklet that had my mother's birth date on it before putting on two of my chains and two of my rings. I put in my gold stud earrings then brushed my bob-cut wig thoroughly one more time and put the brush in my backpack. I finished doing whatever I needed to do and grabbed my phone and backpack before heading downstairs and bumping into my older cousin, Amira. "Hey cousin," I said, smiling before giving her a huge hug.

"My mama at work huh?" she asked as she backed away from our two-second hug.

"Yeah, you picking up Kaire from camp later today?"

"Yes but listen, I wanted to talk to you though, that's why I'm here,"

I furrowed my eyebrows. "What's up?"

"Wait, am I stopping you from going somewhere?"

I looked at the time on my phone. "No, it's barely 2:17, I don't have to be at work till three. What's up?"

"You know how I'm moving down here, right? To you know, start going back to college?"

"Wait, you're moving into this house? What about Allen?"

"Oh no, I'm not moving in here. Allen and I are getting our own place and stuff"

"Okay, so what does this have to do with me?" I asked and she smiled. I knew then that this was going to have something to do with Dre. My cousin was twenty, she's always been my close cousin too. We don't have many females in our family, we have mostly males so of course Amira, my older sister Audree, and I were close. We all went to every school together throughout our childhood; and while we were living back in LA, we all went to Gardena High School.

Audree graduated before us, and Amira graduated two years after her, leaving me. The moral of the story is, we were known around school. Amira dated a boy named Allen and Allen, of course, was cool with everybody, even Dre. They were close homies at that, considered each other brothers. So if Amira and Allen were moving to Dallas and Dre was going to come to visit me real soon, I knew this summer was going to lead to something I didn't want to do. Something that I was trying to get away from.