Chapter 17: "Low Down Dirty Shame."

Dallas, TX
Tuesday, May 25, 2018
8:36 am

DIVINE. 

I was hungry as hell. I could hear my stomach growling as I heard Lyric's aunt leave the house with her baby cousin. I looked over at June, deciding whether or not to wake her up so she could make me some food. She was sleeping peacefully, cuddled underneath me and I knew I tired her ass out so I just left her alone.

I slowly got out of Lyric's grip as I tried to get out of bed. Once I finally did, I replaced myself with one of her pillows and she rested her head on it. I looked at her one more time before putting on my sweats and opening her bedroom door to head downstairs.

I looked to make sure nobody was still there even though I heard everyone leave, I just had to be cautious. I made it into the kitchen and looked into the refrigerator and rarely saw any food in there. I just grabbed a bagel and decided to grab something to eat out with Lyric when she woke up. It was barely eight so I figured I had time before my 11 o'clock class.

I put the bagel in the toaster when I heard the garage door open. I quickly turned around to see some female with her eyebrows furrowed, looking at me like I was crazy. "Who the hell are you?" she quickly asked. The bagel popped up as I decided on what to say.

"Dee. Lyric's...friend?" I said as if I were confused. She folded her arms. "Who are you?" I asked, looking at her crazy too.

She scoffed. "Who are you to be questioning me in my own mama's house? And where the hell is your shirt at?"

"Look, I just came down fa' a bagel," I picked up it and held it high.

"Does Dre know you're here?" she asked. I looked at her confused. "Lyric's boyfriend" she raised her eyebrows as she looked at me with her hands on her hips. 

I laughed. "Oh, that lil boy... Nah he doesn't know, you could tell him if you want" I started walking past her. She grabbed me by my arm and I turned and looked down at her.

"Now I don't know you, and I don't know what you and my cousin got going on, but I hope you don't fuck up shit with her and Dre-"

"As ha' cousin, I think you should know that that nigga is toxic fa' ha'. Na' I don't know you, but you outta' be ashamed of ya self" I got defensive. She looked at me with stupidity before I took a bite of my bagel and walked away.

LYRIC. 

I had made the worse decision. I should've never called Divine over here this morning because now I was more sore than last time. I didn't even have the energy to get out of bed and get ready, how was I supposed to have the energy to sit and have an abortion today? I could not handle something else inside me but I knew it had to be done.

I rolled my eyes as I started turning over and feeling on the side of the bed. I furrowed my eyebrows as I noticed his ass wasn't even there. I was hoping he didn't leave this morning without saying anything. I looked around the room to see if anything of his was still there. I knew I shouldn't have felt some type of way about it because I did it to him before.

As soon as I peeped his phone and keys sitting on my dresser, a big smile crept upon my face but it went down as soon as I heard ringing. Looking at my phone, it was my mama calling. A lot of thoughts ran through my head as I tried to get myself together before answering the call. I didn't want to lie to her but I knew at the end of this conversation I was.