Chapter 3: "Nonchalant Playa."

Bino In The Multimedia
Song: Megan Thee Stallion - Big Ole Freak

-

Dallas, TX
Friday, May 3, 2018
4:59 PM

LYRIC.

"Just like that...wait, don't move," Omari said as he took the picture. "Turn your head a little over to the left," he looked up. "Alright, that's good. We're done"

"Alright," I took a deep breath as I began stretching. "Who knew that this shit was a work out"

He laughed. "Yo ass must be out of shape then"

"Maaan, you just don't know"

"You need to go to the gym. You got all this free time on your hands this summer"

"Yeah, you're right" I chuckled as we started gathering our things. We walked off to my car and Omari put his belongings in my trunk. He then hopped in the passenger seat as I got in the car as well. Once we put safety first, I drove off and headed back to the corner store.

"So, how do you know Bino?" Omari randomly asked.

 "Uhh...I came to your dad's store about two days ago to grab a few things and he was there. He asked for my number—well no, he didn't ask for my number," I laughed. "He told me to lose my 'imaginary boyfriend' then took my phone out of my hand and took a picture of his number. Dude told me to holla at him"

Omari shook his head. "Nigga is something else...but do you have a boyfriend though?" he swiftly added, looking at me.

"Nah, no. I'm not interested in males right now-"

"Why? Are you gay?"

I laughed. "No—well, I wouldn't say that I would say...I'm pansexual" I shrugged.

"Shit I was just playing," he chuckled. "But pansexual? Whoaaa"

"Yeah, but we will save that for another time," I cackled. "But like I was saying, I'm not interested in a relationship right now. I just want to focus on myself. As I said before, I just moved here, I want a fresh start"

"Yeah, I feel you on that. I will be wanting that too"

"Yeah...so I heard Bino call you Mari. What's your nickname I'm guessing?"

"You can call me Mari or Omari, doesn't matter"

"So how do you know Bino?"

"Well, that's my cousins' homeboy. They got a close bond so I met Bino through him"

"Ohh alright," I shrugged as I made a red light. I looked over to see him playing with my flag that was hanging from the mirror.

"You're Ethiopian?" He asked.

"Yeah"

"Full blood or half?"

"Half, on my daddy's side. My mother's side is from Louisiana though, Nola" 

"Ahh, so you were already down south before you moved out here"

"Yeah, just wasn't a part of Texas. What about you though? You got a Cali accent going on, how'd you get to Texas?"

"My pops was born and raised in Cali but my mama is from Jamaica. Her side of the family moved to Cali when she was fifteen. She met my dad and had me and all of that out there, but we moved out here to Texas because my mama wanted to be closer to her family for personal reasons. We moved out my freshman year of high school"

"Jamaica huh?" I smiled while asking.

"Yeah, don't let that Cali accent tek yu fo' an eddiat, I am Jamaican over here" He chuckled.