Ch 3

"I just got a text from Luke, he said he wont come and there's a party on 19th, which means it is two weeks from now....what? This is crazy" Jai said and I turned around.

"Yeah, John does this only because he will have a DJ and maybe a band at the party. Rich kid. He wanted everything to be organized. Normally he only invites people that he likes, he does things quite differently." I said to Jai. The real question is that, how come Luke got invited to a party? He's new here.

"Hmm..sounds nice....Well, D-Do you want to like..I don't know...maybe go together?" This was unexpected.

"Yeah, that would be nice!" I said nervously. He immediately grinned, looking pleased. 

We left the cafeteria and sadly, we didnt have classes together Friday afternoon. My last period was Writing. I didnt know what i was supposed to write after knowing the fact that I was going to "Party of the year" with Jai. When I got home, i turned on my computer to check on my blog. A new notification came up, *Luke Brooks sent you a friend request* . I clicked accept. Then a new notification popped up, *Jai Brooks sent you a friend request*. I was excited and accepted it. I wanted to click on Jai's blog to see his posts, just to know more about him, but i didnt eventually. What if he talks and then i accidentally spit out "yeah, i know" and he would be like "how do you know?" I was not going to say "because I stalk you online." I didnt know if it was too early to say this but I think I liked him.

-Jai's POV-

It had been a week since the school started and i've already made some friends. I joined the tennis club and people in the club were surprisingly nice. The good thing was that Luke and I now were on  good terms since he seemed to give up on Ellie.
When Ellie accepted my friend request, I checked on the posts she posted. I scrolled down; I saw some random posts, but then a title caught my eyes."My fave song atm", "Stolen by Dashboard confessional." with heart shape at the end. I also noticed her background of her blog was West Hollywood. I wanted to go to America too and realized that we really had so much in common. I had an idea, a week may be enough ........

-Ellie's POV-

I felt happy when i was with Jai, the feeling that i hadnt had for the past few months. Even my parents noticed that but they just assumed that I got a lot of As on tests.
Luke was Jai's brother so it kind of meant that he was my friend too, although I didnt really know much about him. I felt like everytime when Luke came over to talk to me, Jai distracted me by starting a new topic.

It was Friday, Jai told me to go to the classroom first, because he wanted to go to the bathroom. I then walked to my locker to pick up my books, when i opened it, a note fell on the floor, someone slipped a note in my locker, wow. I picked it up and it said "You deserve much better". I looked at the note and wondered who wrote this. There was no name signed, bizarre.

Luke showed up out of nowhere and i jumped. "You scared me!" I said and he was amused by my reaction. He chuckled. He wore a blue soccer t-shirt and a beige trouser.

"Haven't talked to you for a while, how's things?" Luke asked. His voice was higher than Jai. That's another difference between Jai and him.

"Nothing much, how was your tryout going?" i put the note back in my locker.

"I got in! I coulnd't believe it at the first place. Plus, John is really cool, he is...an interesting person. He was there when I did the tryout and afterwards he invited to the party " Luke tilted his head. Oh, that's how he got invited to the party.

"Yeah, he is weird but in a good way i guess, you must impress him at the tryout" I pursed my lips into a smile. His lips were parted in a smile. He was pleased by my compliment.

"You know about the party?" Luke asked. "Yeah, Jai told me." I said. He didn't seem to expect that.

"So that means that you are going?" Luke arched his eyebrow. "Yeah" I replied. he paused for a second then he had this of-course look on his face.
"By yourself?" Luke said. "Jai and I are probably going together." I said

"Oh well... I'm just here to give you this" He took out  a little blue box with a bow from his bag and gave it to me.

I was stunned because we've only talked for a few time, I didnt expect a gift from Luke Brooks. I could not decide which was weirder, the note or Luke's overly kind gesture.

"Can I open it?" I asked. "Of course!" Luke's jaw clenched. I opened it and there was a photo of Santa Monica Beach on the keychain and a golden "I heart LA" necklace. How did he know I was obsessed with LA? And the fact that the box was blue. He read my blog? This is really too much. Giving me a necklace, really?

"I know this is probably not good--" 

"What are you talking about? I absolutely like it. Thank you!" I beamed with my hands holding his presents. I saw Jai from a distance then Luke turned his head to the direction that i looked.

"So i guess I will see you at the party tomorrow, glad you like it " Luke had a tight smile. Before i could say goodbye, he already walked away.