"What are you sorry for? For being gay?" she whispered.

Jimin pulled away from her and blinked at her in shock. "You...you knew?"

His mother laughed, her eye smile which he inherited in full view.

"Yes... I'm your mother. I have known since you were a child and don't forget I'm a psychiatrist so I know about these things"

Jimin gasped looking in shock. All these while, she knew and kept it to herself. He started to feel angry.

"Why didn't you say something? Do you know how I felt trying to hide it from everyone?"

She smiled "I know but you weren't ready to accept yourself yet. You were always in denial trying to be like everyone else. There were many times I tried to make you open up to me but it looked as if you'd rather die than tell me"

Jimin sighed playing with his fingers as his mother continued. "Remember that time when you were in middle school and I asked you if you have ever kissed a boy before"

Jimin blushed unable to look at her. "I even went as far as buying you books on sexuality. It was my way of telling you that I was open to talk about it but you just avoided the topic altogether"

She took a deep breath. "Maybe I should have been more insistent but I was afraid you would close up on me totally so I decided to wait until you were ready"

Jimin looked at her now and he could see the sincerity in his mother's eyes.

"I didn't know you were this open minded" He said.

She sighed sadly shaking her head. "I'm afraid I wasn't always this open minded. I used to be homophobic. I couldn't stand gay people, bisexual, trans all of them.... "

"Until my best friend committed suicide and It was all because of me"

Tears began to fall down his mother's cheeks. He had never seen her so distraught, not even when her father had died of cancer two years ago.

"She had been hiding her secret of being a lesbian since she was young but one day I read her diary and found out. since then, I tormented her, I stopped being her friend and I exposed her to the world"

"She tried her best to hang on despite everything but there was so much she could take. She had always been sensitive and socially awkward so she finally snapped"

His mother stopped and her lips began to shake as memories of that past and the pain she felt consumed her

"She hanged herself the day after our final exam from high school"

She sniffed. "And since then, I knew I was wrong. I was her best friend. If no one else was with her, shouldn't I have stood by her? instead I caused her to kill herself"

She sniffed wiping her tears "I hated myself and I felt so guilty. I had nightmares. I couldn't sleep, I couldn't eat"

She suddenly smiled. "I changed my thinking and when I entered college, I chose Psychology as my major because I wanted to repay my friend by helping people like her after what I did. I mingled with gays and I realized that they weren't bad at all. They were just people who chose to love in another way"

Jimin stared at his mother intently . "You know my friend Kim hye ji?"

Jimin nodded.

"She's a lesbian!"

Jimin nearly choked. She was the kind hearted spinster who made the most delicious pancakes.

"Yes and she has been with her partner for more than twenty years and they have been happy"

Jimin couldn't talk. He was still so stunned by everything.

"Which brings me back to my first question" She paused. "Are you and Taehyung in a relationship?"

Jimin suddenly gained courage. He shook his head "We where but not anymore"

He still felt shy and uncomfortable opening up to her but her reassuring smile calmed his heart and he went on.

"It all happened so fast. I realized my feelings after this girl Lisa came into the picture but Taehyung told me he loved me. We started going out. He promised he would never leave me but then he went and denied me the second we were exposed. He has even told the world he's dating Lisa"

His mother smiled. "He must definitely have his reasons. Not everyone is ready to come out and handle the prejudice that will be thrown at them "

Jimin quietened as she continued "There are still a lot of haters out there like your father who can never understand that times are changing"

She smiled and cupped his cheeks. "If you think it's too much to handle, then you can let go of him or you can wait and see what happens"

She had suddenly turned into a psychiatrist at that moment and it made Jimin smile brightly. "Thank you. I feel so much better now that I've opened up to you mom"

"I'm glad you finally did" She kissed his cheek "You are my son and I love you. There's nothing I will not do or sacrifice for your happiness. If you are happy, I'm happy. It's all that matters"

Jimin's heart was so full with gratitude. He was so happy he had such an understanding woman for a mother though he knew many didn't have the privilege. She stood up.

"Stay for the night. It's already late"

Jimin beamed. "Can I stay here for some days. I don't think I'm ready to go back to the dorm"

"It's alright. Your father won't be back until next week and your brother will be gone for two weeks"

He stood up and kissed his mother on the cheek hugging her tight. "I love you mom"

"I love you too"

"let's eat dinner before you go to bed. Your room is still neat. I clean it every morning"

Jimin couldn't help but smile. He ate dinner with his mother watching as she occasionally smiled at him. He had no idea about her or Kim hye ji. Who would have known?

After dinner, he went to his old room. It was exactly the way he had left it five years ago but it was sparkling clean. He took his shower and dressed in one of his brothers tee shirt and shorts.

He switched on his phone and several messages began to pour in but his eyes instantly caught the one from Taehyung.

Please Jimin where are you? I'm so worried. We need to talk

A message from Jungkook came immediately after he had seen Taehyung's message

If you want to talk, I'm here just call me

He sighed and put his phone on silent. He needed to get away from everyone for a while. He felt his eyes closing and the next thing he saw was Taehyung's boxy smile. A small tear fell from his closed eyes.

That's it. It was so difficult writing this chapter. Especially Jimin's mom's part and that homophobia stuff but I guess I pulled it off. This book might be ending pretty soon. I don't know. Let's just keep watching. Until the next chapter....have a great day ahead.