Part 25

VOTE ⭐️ & COMMENT 🧠 & SHARE🗣

"I need help!" all heads turn to the disheveled guy covered in blood with no respect for inside voices, cradling an unconscious woman close to his chest

"I need help!" all heads turn to the disheveled guy covered in blood with no respect for inside voices, cradling an unconscious woman close to his chest. His eyes are red and scream pain and torture to anyone who dares to glance his way. People begin to murmur to themselves about the mysterious guy as the nurses rush to place the lady on a bed and wheel her away together.

"Mr Williams this is as far as you can go, we'll do everything in our power to save your wife's life" with raw eyes and his heart in hand he walks back into the waiting room.

He gathers a handful of his hair by the root and tug on them like weeds in the ground whilst casting his eyes left to right, front to back all in search for someone to lean on. The pain intensifies but it is nothing near what he feels on the inside. His eyes get watery and he is an inch away from having a panic attack.

Gavin takes into account the messy hair, bloody shirt, and red eyes of his best friend. Archie needs him but he needs his family more and in that moment Gavin vows to do whatever he can to get him back where he belongs.

Gavin watches as his best friend's shoulders sag from carrying the weight of the world all by himself. Without thinking Gavin pulls Archie into a hug. His arms lay at his side awkwardly for a few moments. It is when Gavin moves to pull back that his shoulder begin to shake and the pain tears through him like dust in the wind.

"We haven't been married for twenty-four hours yet and she is already in the hospital fight for her life when I could have prevented it.This is all my fault.." Archie wails into Gavin's shoulder before sliding to the floor like a sack of potatoes.

"Let it all out. Everything is going to be okay" he whispers still holding his friend to his chest

Two grown men sitting on the floor of the hospital crying together gets the people in the waiting room talking. People begin to pray for them without knowing what to pray for while others only spare the two men a glance and turn back to thinking about their day.

Archie's right leg bounces constantly and his fingers keep twitching. He can feel his heart pulsating in his chest as if on a mission to break free. Gavin hold back from saying anything that may trigger his friend as they wait for the doctor. Three hours in and Gavin is ready to storm up to the information desk for an update

"Family of Philomena Williams" they both jump up and eagerly approaches the male nurse who then walks them to the Doctors office.

"Mr. Williams" Gavin shakes the doctors hand when Archie ignores it "Mr?"

"Gavin just call me Gavin. Please forgive my friend but we would both much prefer for you to jump straight to the point. How is she?" Archie's eyes demands answers