You Never Asked Part 2

Dean x Reader

Reader is struggling with the decision she made and throws herself into hunting, inevitably causing more harm than good.

The two weeks after your reunion with the Winchesters were worse than the seven months you spent apart. You couldn't focus, you missed important details during a hunt and almost got hurt. With each passing day you seemed to deteriorate and Jody became more and more worried. After getting back late the night before from a banshee hunt you finally emerged from your room around three in the afternoon.

Making your way into the kitchen for some coffee you never saw Jody and Alex sitting in the living room watching TV.

"Afternoon Y/N, sleep okay?"

Turning around you nodded while walking from the kitchen to the living room. Sitting in the recliner and tucking your feet underneath your body you looked up giving Jody a small smile. "Got my few hours in, you heard about any other cases?"

Shaking her head Jody laid her arm across the back of the couch as she looked at you, "No, actually I haven't checked. You've been on three hunts since you got back. You have to slow down Y/N, your going to burn out if you keep going like this."

Standing up and moving back towards your room you simply shrugged, "I'm fine Jody, I'm not going to let innocent people die just because I screwed up my own life. I'm gonna go look for a case."

Opening her mouth to speak Jody frowned as she heard your door close. Sighing heavily she turned to look at Alex who sat there with a worried expression on her face.

"I don't understand Jody, why doesn't she just go back to them? It's obvious she wants to."

Shaking her head Jody gave her a half smile, "It's not that simple."

A few hours later you emerged from your room with a packed bag. Looking up from the stove Jody frowned, "I'm guessing you found another case."

Nodding as you set down the bag and moved towards the fridge you tried to ignore the small headache you felt. "Yeah, looks like a wendigo out in Tennessee. Hoping I can get there and just take it out right away." Grabbing a bottle of water from the fridge you began walking back towards your bag when Jody stepped in front of it.

"Nu uh missy, if you insist on leaving your going to at least eat something before you do. You've barely eaten anything in the past week and I don't want a phone call telling me you got in a wreck because you passed out from hunger."

Rolling your eyes and giving her a smile you moved to sit at the table as she brought over a plate of food. Seeing how much she'd put on it you gave her a side look, "Jody I'm never gonna be able to eat all of this."

Sitting down and digging into her own food she shrugged, "Guess you better pace yourself then."

Sighing you began eating just so you could hit the road, it wasn't that you chose not to eat recently, it was just one of those things you hadn't really paid much attention to. To be honest it was getting harder each day to do much of anything. That's why you decided to focus solely on hunting, by keeping your mind busy you didn't have time to dwell on yourself and how bad off you really were. Yes you had noticed the weight loss recently and the fatigue, but none of it mattered as long as you were able to take out every evil SOB out there.

Eventually the silence mixed with the occasional scrape of forks hitting plates was interrupted by Jody's phone ringing. Wiping her mouth off and pulling the device from her pocket she looked at the screen before her eyes rose to meet yours. Hitting ignore she set the phone on the table and resumed eating. Knowing who had been calling you felt any appetite you had left leave.