Just A Man

Dean x Reader

Request by @Millycrouzet, hope you like it!! 

Reader survives an abusive relationship but not without struggling in the aftermath, luckily for her Dean is there to help guide her way back.

Pulling into the parking lot you sighed, you knew it was a bad idea to come here. You'd proven that over the past week at least four times, but here you were yet again sitting outside the local bar in your car. Taking a deep breath you opened the door to climb out, walking towards the door you pulled out your phone and switched it to silent before slipping it back into your jacket pocket.

Once inside you immediately made your way towards the end of the bar for your usual seat. Hopping onto the stool you gave a small smile to the bartender as he walked your way. "Evening Hank, can I have a whiskey?"

Giving you a half small he nodded, "Yeah kid, but take it easy tonight, a bottles never the way to go when you've got a problem." Nodding you understood you watched as he walked away to grab your drink. Hank was the owner and sometimes bartender, you'd gotten to know him over the past couple years after you and the boys moved into the bunker. Hanks was the best bar in town and you'd spent many a night here after a hunt. This had been where you met Travis.

Thinking about him made your whole body tense as a shudder ran over you. Hank came back a moment later setting down the glass in front of you. "Here ya go kid, let me know if you need anything." Smiling back you picked up the drink, the first sip burned slightly but went down without a fight. Leaning on your arms your eyes began scanning the room, it was pretty crowded for a Thursday night, both pool tables were surrounded and over half the tables were taken.

Taking another sip you began to feel your mind wander back to the night everything changed for you, Travis had instantly zoned in on you as you walked in with Sam and Dean. You felt his eyes on you most of the night before he finally seemed to have enough. Walking up to your table when Dean left to use the bathroom and Sam was ordering more drinks he leaned against your table with a confident smile, "Hello beautiful."

After that you'd dated for nearly three months, he lived in town and you saw him whenever you would get back from a hunt. He believed you were just travelling for work which was true, you just never told him what you did. The first few weeks were great, Travis was caring and funny, he knew how to make you feel beautiful and special. You'd never really had someone care for you the way he seemed to. To be honest you'd had feelings for a certain green eyed hunter but after realizing he only wanted one night with random women and nothing serious you put those feelings aside in hopes of finding someone who would return them.

You thought you'd found that, until the first time he hit you. After coming in late from a hunt you'd texted Travis saying you couldn't make it to dinner that night and you would see him the next day. Immediately he'd responded asking if you were seeing someone else or even sleeping with Dean. They'd met that night at the bar and he knew you were living with the brothers so he always questioned you about your relationship with them, especially Dean. After fighting for an hour you'd finally turned off your phone and went to bed. The next morning when you arrived at his apartment you were surprised at how angry he was.

Out of nowhere he'd slapped you so hard you fell to the floor, sitting there stunned for a minute you simply held a hand to your face and looked at him in shock. As a hunter you'd always imagined you'd never let something like this happen, but nothing in you wanted to fight back. He wasn't a monster trying to kill you, this was simply a man, one who was supposed to care about you. He'd apologized of course and held you tight in a hug saying he'd never do it again he just got carried away.