Nothing Serious

Dean x Reader

Reader gets back from helping another hunter and tries to hide her injury.

Wincing slightly you tried to straighten up in the seat while driving back to the bunker. You'd just gotten back from helping a fellow hunter named Winston out with a werewolf case in Wyoming. Unfortunately what neither of you realized was that instead of it being one werewolf there was actually a pack. Needless to say you figured it out pretty quick once you showed up to their safehouse. A pretty nasty fight broke out but eventually the whole pack was taken down. Overall you wanted to call it a win but the continuous pain in your shoulder reminded you that a certain someone was going to be pretty pissed when he found out you got hurt.

Dean had already been against you going on the hunt, but after A LOT of convincing and maybe even a little bribery sex you'd gotten him to come around. Although, in your defense you really thought it was only one werewolf. How were you supposed to be prepared for another one to come out of the shadows and dig their claws into you? Pulling into the garage and shutting off the engine you let out a deep breath.

Stopping a few miles down the road you'd changed shirts hoping to keep the boys from noticing anything was wrong. You knew it would be difficult but you didn't need a lecture from your boyfriend and decided to try and take care of it yourself when you got home. A few days of no tank tops and you would be okay.

Climbing out of your truck and slamming the door shut you grit your teeth as you drag the strap of your bag over your uninjured shoulder. Walking inside you try to mask the look of pain on your face with one of exhaustion. Reaching the library you noticed both men sitting at the table, Sam on his laptop and Dean with his face showing just how bored he was as he attempted to read a book.

"Please contain the excitement boys I know you missed me."

Hearing your voice both men looked up, Sam smiled and Deans face was one of pure relief. Jumping up he walked forward, taking your bag from you as he wrapped his other arm around your waist, "Welcome home sweetheart." Leaning forward he kissed you softly, even after two years he never seemed to stop making your heart flutter at his touch.

Pulling back you grinned, "Thanks babe, any luck on Asmodeus?"

Shaking his head he turned back to the table, keeping his arm around your waist, "No, Cas hasn't even been able to find anything yet. All we can do right now is keep looking. How did the hunt go?"

Shifting your weight from one foot to the other you gave him a big smile, "It went great, took that werewolf out last night." Dean tilted his head, he knew when you were lying and right now his bullshit meter was going crazy. Before he could say anything you pulled away and began walking towards the hallway.

"Well I'm gonna grab a shower then probably go to bed, it was a long drive. Night!"

Smiling at both brothers you quickly left the room. Dean stood there a moment before shaking his head and sitting back down at the table, setting your bag beside him. "Sam, she seem kinda off to you?" Looking back at his brother Sam nodded, "Yeah, pretty vague on the hunt."

Dean opened his mouth to reply when he heard a phone ringing, realizing it was yours he pulled it from the front pouch of your bag. "Hello?"

"Dean? Is that you? It's Winston, sorry I thought I called Y/Ns phone..."

"You did she's just in the shower, what's up?"

"Nothing I just wanted to make sure she got home okay and check on her, that shoulder looked pretty nasty last night."

Dean stood up at his words and shot Sam a look, "Um, yeah it does."

Winston sighed, "Well just make sure you take good care of her, she's a damn good hunter. Not many others would have faced a whole pack the way she did. Neither of us realized it until they were on us but damn if she didn't take em on like a champ. I gotta go but you boys take care, tell her I called."

"Yeah, thanks Winston."

Hanging up the phone Deans gaze landed on your bag, unzipping it he pulled out the shirt on top. Unfolding it he saw the rather large blood stain covering the left shoulder. Holding it up for Sam to see he frowned, "That was Winston, wanted to make sure Y/Ns shoulder was alright and to let us know she was a real fighter when they faced a whole pack of wolves last night."

Sam's eyes widened at the shirt and new information. Before he could say anything Dean dropped the stained fabric and began walking quickly towards the bathroom. Reaching the door he didn't hear any water running, opening it slowly his eyes widened at what he saw. The door opening caught your attention and you looked up at the mirror to meet Deans surprised expression with your own.

Turning around you pulled the plaid shirt back up your arm trying to cover the wound, "Dean I'll be out in a minute."

Walking forward he slowly took the shirt back off, turning your body back around as he examined the gashes. "Sit down," he pushed you gently towards the closed toilet, your back facing him. Grabbing the first aid supplies from the cabinet he began cleaning the wounds, trying not to make the situation worse you bit your lip and tried to contain your pained moans.

When he began stitching up the wounds you whimpered at a particularly sensitive spot, Dean froze. Leaning forward he placed a soft kiss on your back beside the wounds, "I'm almost done baby."

His softness surprised you, you'd expected angry Dean, not tender Dean. Once he finished and wiped everything off with alcohol wipes he put everything away and turned back to face you. Surprisingly he didn't even look angry, you weren't quite sure what to call the look on his face.

Kneeling down in front of you Dean took both your hands in his and met your eyes, "Winston called, said to tell you that you were amazing and he'd never seen a hunter react like you did when it turned into a whole pack." Looking him in the eyes you sighed, "I'm sorry I didn't tell you, I just didn't want you to make a big deal out of it. I honestly thought it was one werewolf, so did Winston. Usually with stuff like this you tend to react with more anger than anything else." Reaching up you set your hand against his neck and rubbed your thumb against the stubble on his chin, "I'm really okay just a little scratched up."

Squinting his eyes Dean stood up, pulling you with him. Wrapping his arms around your waist and pulling you close to his body you could see no anger in his eyes, only love and what looked to be pride. "I am angry, I don't like seeing you get hurt, and I damn sure wish I had been there to stop it. But while you were gone I did some thinking, your a hunter, just like me and Sam. I know that in this life there are always surprises and its less likely to leave a hunt untouched than anything else. I can't protect you from everything and I would never ask you to give up hunting because I know what it means to you."

Here he stopped to kiss you on the forehead, tears sprang to your eyes and you couldn't help but think about how much you loved this man, "Why do I feel a but coming?"

Chuckling Dean leaned back, "The only thing I ask is you be honest with me, no more hiding injuries. Let me take care of you the way you take care of me. I can't promise I won't get upset but I promise to do my best and just remember you can handle it.

Leaning forward you pressed your lips against his in a soft kiss, pulling back and grinning at him you began running your hands down his chest. Unbuttoning his shirt you smiled at the way his eyes darkened slightly, "You know I still need to take a shower, maybe you could help me make sure I don't rip any stiches?"

Smirking at you Dean pulled back to pull his shirt above his head, "Always happy to help sweetheart."

Thoughts??? I love the idea of a badass reader, I feel like Dean needs someone who can not only fight at his side but kick some ass of their own too :)