Somethings Not Right Part 1

Dean x Demon Reader

Request by @-Anime_For_Life-, this is my first ever Demon reader shot I hope you like it! This plot proved very interesting and I am currently working on Part 2 which I should have up soon!

When things go wrong during a hunt and Dean is injured Mary is upset to discover her son is involved with a Demon. Can everything work out between them if his mother can't accept her?

"Walk with me."

You watched Deans body relax slightly under your touch, keeping a firm grip on his arm you began leading him to the garage. You both always knew when the other had reached their limit in a stressful situation, 'walk with me' was your signal to stop and go with the other person to calm down. Dean and Mary had been fighting again, they had been off and on for almost a week now.

When the boys found out Mary was working with the British Men of Letters it didn't go well. It had taken awhile before she came back, Dean telling her to leave had been a monument of new stress added to his shoulders. You personally had not spent much time around Mary after she was brought back by Amara since you'd been busy with your own hunts.

With Deans help you sat on the trunk of the impala, Dean beside you. Wrapping your arm around his you intertwined your fingers through his as you laid your head on his shoulder. No one said anything for a few minutes, but you swore you could hear Deans brain running a hundred miles a minute. Moving your head to rest your chin on his shoulder you squeezed his hand lightly, "Penny for your thoughts?"

Shaking his head he huffed, "They aren't worth that much. I just don't get it, when she first came back it was like, I don't know a second chance or something. Maybe we could have a mom, maybe we could be happy. I never expected her to be," here he trailed off seeming to struggle for the right word.

"A hunter?"

Turning his head he met your eyes for a moment before nodding, "Yeah, I guess since she never wanted us to hunt I just assumed she wouldn't want to jump in." Rubbing his arm with your free hand you kissed his shoulder.

"I know she's your mom, but I don't think that's the same Mary Winchester from when you were little."

Sighing Dean took his hand from yours, standing up he moved to stand in front of you. Meeting his eyes for a moment you slid to your feet, both moved at the same time wrapping you arms around each other. You felt Dean take a deep breath, "I think your right."

What neither of you noticed was the shadow standing in the doorway listening to your conversation. Mary stood there frowning. She didn't know you although it seemed as though you and Dean were really close. Turning to head back into the bunker she crossed her arms, you didn't seem to be a bad person but she couldn't trust that you were right for her son.

Two days later Sam found a case a few towns over, walking into the war room he set down his laptop at the table. "So get this, apparently people have been going missing from this one town for almost two months now. At first no one seemed to piece together the disappearances because they were happening so far apart. But now it seems two or three people have gone missing each week for the last month."

Sitting beside Dean at the long table you nodded, "Are the bodies turning up?"

Leaning back in his chair Sam frowned, "Only one, according to the police records she was drained of all blood." Sharing a look with Dean you slid your chair back and began to stand up, "Looks like we're going on a vamp hunt boys."