Funky Town

Dean x Reader

Short one-shot, you run into an old hunting partner who still holds a grudge over you leaving.

Bacon cheeseburgers, was there anything better in life than a bacon cheeseburger? Thanking the lady at the counter as you picked up the bag full of food you began quickly making your way outside. You'd volunteered to grab food for yourself and the guys while they packed up everything from the last hunt. A nasty ghoul had been terrorizing a graveyard in a small town, three days and a dead ghoul later you were more than ready to head home.

With the diner only being a few blocks away from the motel you had decided to walk. Halfway there your hunter instincts kicked in, making the hair on the back of your neck stand up. Checking out your surroundings without being obvious you couldn't place the threat. Something had grabbed your attention, but what?

Pulling out your phone you began dialing Deans number when someone stepped in front of you. Jumping back your eyes shot up to meet familiar blue ones.

"Jessie?"

Smirking the man before you put both hands in his pockets, "Well look who turned up after all this time, last I saw of you was a pair of tail lights heading down the road."

Swallowing you began to take a small step backward when you felt something solid behind you, turning you noticed another man from your past, Nathan. "Hey Y/N, long time no see."

Side stepping to face both men you put on your best front, even though inside you were nervous as hell. Discreetly reaching into your jacket pocket you finished dialing Deans number, hoping he would pick up. A moment later you thought you could hear his voice calling for you.

"What do you want Jessie? Why are you here?" Jessie smiled and took a step forward, "Oh honey, do I really need a reason to see you? After all the good times we had together?" Taking another step back you froze when you saw him pull a gun out of his waistband. "I just thought we could, catch up." Holding it in front of him with one hand covering it from the public eye he smiled.

"What the hell are you doing?"

Nathan stepped forward to grab your arm, turning to avoid him you turned to run when you heard the hammer of the pistol being pulled back. "Easy way or hard way sweetheart, I wanna talk to you. It's up to you how this goes." When you turned to glare at him you held your stance, never giving him any motion you would yield. Becoming angry he huffed and shook his head.

"You always were a stubborn bitch." Raising the gun he aimed it right at your head, "You know running out on us was messed up, you really let the team down."

"You and the team can go to hell, you were getting people killed, not saving them."

Hearing Deans voice getting louder you knew he could hear everything, you could tell by the tone of his yelling he was worried. "So what I get in your car and we just take a little trip to funky town?" There is was, now Dean knew the situation, you just hoped he would find you before anything happened.

Sighing Jessie motioned towards you and looked at Nathan, "We really don't have time for this, grab her, let's go." Following orders Nathan moved towards you, dropping the bag of food and raising your hands you were ready for anything. Moving to hit you in the face Nathan swung wide when you ducked and let out a large breath when you brought up a knee into his stomach. Not wasting any time you turned to bring your elbow down on the back of his head.

Hoping he was knocked out you turned towards Jessie, looking from you to his fallen friend he grinned, "I see we've been practicing." Uncocking the gun and placing it back in his waistband he held both arms out. "Let's see what you've learned." Keeping both hands up you began circling one another, you made the first move and attempted to hit him from the right side, earning a quick strike to the face.

Shaking your head you grew angry and once again began moving, this time Jessie moved forward as though he planned to tackle you. Side stepping at the last moment you waited until he turned around before landing a front snap kick to his chest. Bending slightly forward as the air escaped his lungs you again raised your foot to kick him in the face, the sound of his body hitting the pavement echoed down the quiet street.

As he lay there groaning you moved forward, "Leave me alone Jessie, you and your crew. I'm done you here me? Never come near me...." You were cut off by him moving quickly to sweep your legs out. Landing hard as your head cracked against the pavement you groaned, black dots clouding your vision. Suddenly weight crushed your chest as Jessie sat on top of you, moving his hands around your throat he began squeezing.

"It didn't have to go this way Y/N, you should know better than to cross me." Your vision started to blur just as the sound of a familiar engine drew closer and headlights flashed along the brick wall behind Jessie. A moment later something tackled him off of you. Coughing you turned to see Dean sitting on top of him, throwing punch after punch. Sam appeared above you then, "Y/N, hey come on let's get you up."

With Sam's help you were able to stand, looking over once again you noticed Nathan seemed to have ran as Dean threw a final punch at Jessie, "You stay the hell away from her! If I ever see you again I'll finish this, you understand!" A gargled sound was his only reply. Breathing heavily he stood up, wiping the blood off his hands onto Jessies shirt he turned, green eyes meeting your own.

Walking forward quickly he took you into his arms and held you tight, leaning back he began examining your face, "You okay sweetheart?" Not trusting your voice you simply nodded, clinging to his shirt. Kissing your forehead Dean held you close and began leading you towards the impala. Once there Sam let you sit up front with Dean, the whole drive back to the motel his arm never left your waist. Snuggling closer to him you breathed a sigh of relief, he would always protect you, he would always come for you.