Intuition (Part 2 to Kaleidoscope)

Start from the beginning

He smiled. Love was definitely in the air after that. It felt so much better letting him know how I felt, besides the fact that I never brought up the whole fact of me being in love with him. Our love officially became resilient; indestructible.

Prince got closer to me and kissed me. I wrapped my arms around his neck as his hands slowly made it to my waist. The kiss between us became fiercely intense as Prince got on top of me, slowly unbuttoning the button-down. When he got to the second to last button, I pulled away and he looked at me, confused.

Prince: What's wrong?

Jas'marieé: Too soon. Even though we decided to pick up where we left off, I think we should let up on sex for a while.

Prince: You're right. I got caught up in the moment.

Jas'marieé: I don't blame you. I got caught up, too. My hormones are something else as of right now.

Prince: Poor you. I'm ready when you are.

Jas'marieé: Let's hope you don't get the blue balls, then I just might have to go back on my word.

Prince: Well Jesus, bless me with blue balls so I could give the business to this beautiful girl next to me.

I laughed and sat up. His eyes went straight to my chest.

Prince: Did your boobs get bigger or am I deranged?

Jas'marieé: (rolls eyes playfully and buttons her top up) Blame it on the pregnancy.

Prince: Damn.

I laughed. Just like that, we spent the night laughing, talking, kissing - even watching Baby Boy on BET. Prince had me dying because he was so into the movie. All this kid kept saying was "Jody, no Jody!" and I was next to him with a bunch of cotton balls in my mouth, restraining myself from laughing.

During some parts of the movie when Yvette and Jody were together, I could help but think about me and Prince. We were somewhat like a teenage Yvette and Jody. I just hoped Sevarion wouldn't end up as my future Rodney.

Near the end of the movie, we drifted off to sleep.

That night made me happy I had a Yvette and Jody relationship over a Jay and Bey relationship. Hell, I'd even want a Derwin and Melanie relationship.

Not perfect. Not the pits. Not just right. Just imperfectly indestructible.

_______________________________

(Prince's P.O.V.)

I woke up two hours later. Jassie was asleep on my chest and I ran my fingers through her hair, staring straight up at the ceiling. When I looked at Jassie earlier, I saw some type of hurt in her eyes. I knew it was because she wanted Sevarion to be there as she called. I hate that nigga for making my girl cry and hurt so much. I want revenge.

I looked down at Jassie, who was sound asleep. I began to contemplate. Is it really worth it? I didn't want to go against my word, but screw it. She'll only hurt more.

With ease, I slid Jassie off of me without waking her. I got off the bed and stood upright. I pulled out a black hoodie and put it on. I walked to the window, examining the outside. It was pouring rain. As I looked outside...

?.?.?: Prince...

I turned around and Jassie was struggling to keep her eyes open.

Prince: (walks over to her) Babe, shhh...go back to sleep. I'll be back, okay?

Jas'marieé: Okay...don't be long.

Prince: I won't, baby. Trust me. (kisses her cheek) I love you.