64- He's gone

"DYLAN THE NEWS!" I shout, running out of my room.

"What?" He asks, changing the channel to the news instead of Food Network.

I gasp loudly as I see the headline.

"Isn't that Asher's flight?" Dylan asks, his fork clattering against the bowl.

I quickly pull out my phone and check everything. It's definitely Asher's flight that crashed. There's no survivors.

He's gone. Forever. I lost him.

"No, no, no," I whisper, backing away from the TV.

Through my tear-filled eyes, I can see Dylan stand up.

"Chase," he gently says. "Are you sure it's his flight?"

I nod, the tears spilling out of my eyes.

The doorbell rings and I rub my eyes before answering the door .

"Asher?" I blurt out seeing the giant blond boy standing in front of me.

"Hey baby," he greets me.

Harper is standing beside him.

I'm hallucinating.

:::

"I sent her a text before I went to the airport."

"Check then because she literally fainted from panic or shock."

I open my eyes and see Asher, Harper, and Dylan sitting on the bed.

"Oh no! I sent that to Carter!" My boyfriend says. "And my babygirl fainted because she thought I was a ghost. All because my dumb butt didn't call."

"Asher, you're supposed to be dead," I tell him.

"That's not nice," Dylan says.

I sit up. Asher scoots closer and wraps me up in a hug.

"I'm sorry for not calling you. I had this weird feeling that something strange was going to happen so I changed the flight," Asher apologizes. "The engines burst in the air and then it crashed in a random field but it was brutal. I made some arrangements to get help to the families of the passengers." He looks away with a distant expression.

"Asher, did you know any of them?" I ask.

Dylan takes this as the cue to leave the room with Harper.

"No," Asher lets out a sigh. "Everything happens for a reason right?"

I smooth his hair back and stroke his cheek. "In a way, yes."

We both look at the covers in silence.

"Ash..." I softly say.

My boyfriend peers at me through his lashes.

My eyes shift as I look at him.

What am I supposed to say? I'm glad that Harper and him weren't on the plane but a lot of people died. Just because my boyfriend and his son are safe that doesn't mean that I can just be happy. Families are suffering and there was probably little children on that the plane too.

"Chase, the dude from across the hallway is at the door," Dylan says, poking his head into the room. He has Harper in his arms.

Asher cocks his head to the side. "Is that the guy who wanted to mingle with you because you're single?"

"Unfortunately yes," I reply, getting off the bed.

"I can't wait to meet him," Asher says, following me to the door.