1- Great

"Chase?" The substitute calls out my name.

"Here," I reply.

"You have quite the feminine voice for a male," She says, not even looking at me.

"I'm a girl, that's probably why," I say.

She finally looks up and gives me an apologetic smile.

I'm used to this. Every single person assumes that Chase Ryder is a boy, but nope. It's just a 5'6" girl with dark brown almost black eyes and dark brown wavy/curly hair. Aka, me.

I sit through the one hour class and finally get released for lunch. I go to my locker and sigh when I realize that Asher is already making out with some girl right in front of my locker.

"Move it, Asher," I nudge him using my elbow. "I need to put my stuff away."

He doesn't move, so I shove him harder. He stumbles a little and pulls away from the girl.

"I'll see you tonight," He tells her. She giggles and walks away. "Damn, that ass," Asher murmurs.

"Pervert," I mutter under my breath as I put away my stuff from English.

"Hurry up," Asher urges as I organize the stuff in my locker.

I slam the door shut, making him flinch. "You don't have to wait for me."

"Yeah, but our lockers are next to each other and we're going to the same place."

Asher Bradley. He's quite the character. He's 6'3" and all muscle. He has bright blue eyes and dark blonde hair which has every girl falling at his feet. I would be lying if I said that I didn't find him attractive.

Now, we're not friends. Acquaintances is more like it.

"Chaseeeeeeee, pay attention to me," Asher says, throwing his arm over my shoulder.

I roll my eyes and shrug his arm off of me. At last, we reach the cafeteria. We sit down across from each other before realizing that we forgot to buy food.

"Aspen, can you come with me to the lunch line?" I ask my best friend who's cuddling with her boyfriend, Dylan.

"A bit busy here," She tells me. "Take Asher. He needs to get some food too."

I look at Asher who has a stupid grin on his face. Why do Jess and Carter have to be absent, today?

"I'll go alone," I say, standing up and walking over to the end of the line.

Asher walks up and stands behind me. He starts playing with my hair which makes me pissed. I turn and smack his hand.

"Don't touch my hair," I warn.

Asher shoves his hands in his pockets. "It's just hair."

Does he know how long it takes to control the frizz in my hair? I have to put all sorts of products in it just to make it look decent. My hair is my baby and no one is allowed to mess with it.

"Chase, move," Asher bumps me with his shoulder. I walk forward in the line.

Two more people until I can get some pizza.

One more....

Oooo me!

I place three slices in my plate. Asher gives me a look.

"Fuck off," I tell him.

The lunch lady gasps and looks at us with wide eyes.

"Oh no, I'm so sorry," I apologize and quickly pay for my food, not bothering to wait for Asher.