13.0

G

"What the fuck were you thinking?" I screamed at my brother I once knew, but now that he stood in front of me was unrecognizable. The dark that filled his eyes and the scars on his tan body made me shiver and I couldn't get the thought of his darkness out of my head.
The Ethan I knew was the typical bad boy. Always getting in trouble and tossing girls out of his life and replacing them like there was no tomorrow... this Ethan was scary, dark and angry.

"I couldn't be in there any longer Gray. The thought of me living the rest of my life in there was rotting my brain. When they find me they'll lethally inject me and I've come to terms with that. Regardless I'm dead, and I'd rather live a little more before that happens" he spoke carelessly and relentlessly.

I stared at him and shook my head. I don't know why he always set himself up for failure like this. He could have lived his life perfectly fine in prison. He damn well knows no one would mess with him in there and he would've been what he has always tried to accomplish... being the leader,regardless of how he gained that position.

I didn't bother responding to his statement of coming to terms with death so easily and tried to ignore it to the best of my ability. Instead I disconnected my eyes from his and moved them to the ground.

"I think it's a good idea you leave E" I spoke with a lump in my throat knowing that he would freak out and cause a scene.

I did not want my mom walking in and seeing him. Seeing him would kill her and the last thing she needed was to see her escaped convict son in her living room looking like he had been to hell and back.

I watched his expression turn painful.

Without saying a word, he hugged me and walked out of the room and suddenly, within the blink of an eye he was gone.