PART 56: | IT MUST BE CHRISTMAS |

Start from the beginning

The four of them split up to search the house. Natali stayed to search through a cabinet of porcelain dolls, while Kol was searching in a variety of jewelry boxes.

When they were both unsuccessful they looked around the room for other possible hiding places, before Kol's eyes leaned on the bottle at the bar. As Natali followed where his eyes were looking she could see a huge diamond being used as a bottle stopper.

- Kol smiles at the sight of it and picks it up, saying, "You sly old bat."
Then Astrid and Mary-Alice join them in the room and Kol holds up the diamond proudly.

- "Clean up. Meet us at the cemetery. The two of us have a date with a dagger." Kol said to the two witches and Natali couldn't keep a smile off of her face.

As Kol and Natali walked out of the house she took the diamond from Kol's hand and looked at it saying, "Oh, this is one magnificent diamond."

- Kol smiles, saying, "And it'll be more magnificent when we make what we wanted."

When Natali put the diamond in her bag, she linked her arm with Kol's and as they came down the porch they were ambushed by Klaus and Marcel. Klaus linked his arm with Kol's and Marcel did the same with Natali, on either side of us.

- "You're looking very dapper this evening, Kol!" Klaus stated.

- "Though, gloves without a tail-coat? Unusual, wouldn't you say, Klaus?" Marcel continued for his friend, as Natali and Kol rolled their eyes.

- "I would! Unless, of course, the gloves are utilitarian in nature." Klaus trailed off.

- "I didn't realize you two lovebirds were so interested in fashion." Natali said to the two of them. Realizing that they probably knew why the two of them were in the house.

- "Oh, I can take it or leave it. Mayor Burman, on the other hand, now, his style is impeccable. Especially under present duress." Klaus says and they stopped walking after reaching the outside of the gate where a woman in black is waiting nearby for them.

- Klaus continues saying, "You know, he came to me very concerned about the rash of thefts in the city. So, I put Marcel on it." then Marcel continued sentence, "And, after a little digging, I formed a theory as to our culprit. So, we followed our suspects." Marcel stops talking as Klaus continued, "And they led us here, to the mansion of the recently deceased Dowager Fauline. You know, she's famous for her collection of rare and priceless jewels. Most notably, of course, the perfect paragon diamond." Klaus and Marcel both glare at the Kol and Natali.

- "I didn't realize you two were such detectives. Maybe you'll be the next Watson and Holmes, they are such pleasant gentlemen's, don't you think Kol?" Natali mocked.

- Kol smirked as he looked at her, "Yes, they are. Arent they, darling?"

- "Although I didn't realize that Klaus and Marcel were so paranoid to think we would steal some poor desiccated woman's jewelry." Natali said.

- "Tragic, is it not?" Kol sighed and added, "And I believe Natali and I have someplace to be."

They looked at each other quickly before starting to walk past Marcel and Klaus. Trying to get away. But Marcel grabbed Natali's arm and Klaus flashed in front of Kol.

- "Hand it over, Kol." Klaus demanded.

Kol, visibly angry, digs into his pockets and pulls them out showing to the two of them that he doesn't have anything in his pockets.

- "Hmm." Klaus says suspicious and nods at the woman behind him, who reveals herself to be a witch when she starts to cast a spell.

The two of them looked at the witch who turned the porcelain doll head on the fence so it is facing toward the house. And while they were distracted Marcel took a bag from Natali's shoulder, then she looked at him saying, "Hey, it's not nice to take a bag from a lady."