The Lunar Trials Part 1

Start from the beginning

I nodded my head in understanding. I didn't want to keep anything from Axel, but it also wasn't my place to tell. Besides, lying by omission isn't really lying, so unless Axel asks me, I'm fine. I think. "Can I meet her?" I asked Mason, hopeful that he will be okay with it.

"Are you kidding?" he said dragging me to the third floor of the house, towards the end of the hall and then finally into his room. I had never been there, but it looked exactly how I would have expected. Neat, but not overly perfect. Dark themed, but not scary.

"Tori," Mason called out to her, when he didn't see her in bed.

"Hey," I heard a soft voice say, as a beautiful girl exited the bathroom. They hugged and kissed, and while I tried to give them as much privacy as possible, I couldn't help but think how cute they were together.

"I want you to meet someone," he told her. "This is Calista, she is the Luna of the pack." Well, not yet Mase, but hopefully really soon.

"Hi! It is so nice to finally meet you!" I gushed at her, pulling her into a tight hug.

"Oh, um hi," she shyly responded. As I pulled away from her, I noticed that she had the mating mark on her neck.

"You marked her already?" I asked Mason.

"Yeah, she shifted yesterday too. We kind of used the commotion around what was going on with you to our advantage." Mason honestly stated.

"He hasn't let me mark him yet, though," she pouted.

"You were completely drained after me marking you and then you shifted yesterday. We didn't really have the chance, babe," he reassured her. However, Mason and I knew that wasn't the only reason. If Mason was marked, Axel would find out, and I don't think that was Mason's plan for right now.

She nodded her head in understanding and reached up to peck his lips.

"I'm going to leave you two girls alone for now. I need to go help Axel with a couple of things to set up for today."

"Wait, Mason, maybe I can go with you and meet you Alpha today. It is pretty disrespectful to not thank him for having me in his home. And, I don't want to be on his bad side. He is Alpha Axel Knight of the Blood Venom Pack after all."

"He is just super busy today. Tomorrow. I promise, okay?"

"Okay," Victoria hesitantly conceded.

After Mason left the room, she plopped down on the bed. "You don't think he is ashamed of me, right?" she almost whispered to me.

"Victoria--" .

"Call me Vicky!" she offered.

"Listen, I am a million percent sure that he is not ashamed of you, Vicky. You have no idea how much he loved you even before he had met you. It's just that today is a really big day for Axel and me, and Mason didn't want to add more to Axel's plate. That's all."

"I guess, but he hasn't introduced me to anyone other than you. He hasn't even introduced me to his parents," she said despondently.

"You've been here for less than a day, girlie. Trust me, you are way overthinking this." Although, now that I think about it, I haven't met Mason's parents either. I knew that Axel's were dead, but I had no idea about Mason's. He mentioned his mom a while ago, but I have no clue about his dad. 

We heard a knock on the door, and I went to open it. And when I did, I was greeted with the face of an older, regal-looking woman.

"Hello," I said, still confused as to what she was doing here.