25: More Than This

Omg it's been so long! Sorry, but I haven't had the time. However, here it is!

•••

[Continuing of last chapter]

My phone slips out of my hand, and my back presses towards the wall, as it glides down it until I'm sitting on the ground. Louis rushes to my side immediately.

"Louis," I hiccup, as a result of the crying.

"I know." He says, and I can hear the tears he is holding back, as he rubs my back comfortingly.

"I'm so sorry." I cry out, covering my face with my hands.

"You have nothing to be sorry for, Haz, it's not your fault." He reassures me.

"But how can he just do that? Call out of nowhere, two hours before it's being published, and just tell that, because he's a little insecure, it's not."

"Because he's stupid, and definitely not worth our fame." Before Louis can answer, Niall's voice suddenly appears, and I look up to see Liam, Zayn and Niall having come out of the restaurant as well.

I wipe the tears under my eyes away, and turn my face to Louis. The sight is unbearable. His eyes are red from, now, also crying, and his lip is trembling.

I move from beside him, to in front of him, and embrace him softly in a hug. He immediately hugs me back, and we cry into each others shoulders.

As we pull apart after a couple of minutes, Louis moves my chin up with his index finger, before he pecks my lips wetly and whispers, "I love you."

I can't help but smile at him. He's the softest and sweetest creature to ever live on this planet.

"I love you." I whisper right back.

A couple moments pass before Liam speaks up. I almost forgot they were standing next to us.

"Can't we do something?"

"I think we should fire Simon, that's what I think." Niall crosses his arms over his chest.

"We can't just 'fire' Simon, Niall." I can't help but chuckle out my words.

"Just wait and see, Nialler can do anything." He raises his eyebrows, making me laugh again.

Louis and I stand up, and I pull him with me to where the rest are standing, before hugging them all in a tight group hug.

"I love you guys." I sniffle.

"We love you too H, and we won't let Simon do this to you, that's a promise." Zayn answers, giving me a little hope again.

They have done so much for Louis and I already, and I don't think they can do more than this. Providing comfort, hope and love, in the hard times we pass.

•••

We are stood in front of Simons office, who is, as always, busy with whatever.

"Do you even have a reason to be such a dickhead?" Louis speaks, sassiness clear in his voice, as soon as we enter the door.

"I have no idea what you're talking about." Simon answers as if he didn't just ruin our lives 2 hours ago. Okay, maybe that's an overreaction, but I don't care right now, because he definitely destroyed my heart! The small amount of respect I had left for him is also long gone.

"I'm pretty fucking sure you do actually. Why the fuck are you not publishing the video like you promised?" He fires back.

"Don't swear." He warns. As if that'll help. After a pause where Louis and I both roll our eyes, he speaks up again. "I changed my mind." He shrugs.