4. I miss you, mom

"Ok Ariel, you ready?" Said, James

"yeah"

"on my sign"

Ariel is taking her breath as if it's her last one.

~~~

a few days ago.

"I'm not doing it, Will, you.. you said it's only a check-up"

"Listen, Ariel.. you're so much better and bigger than you think you're...You have a lot of.."

"I don't care Will... I'm sick tired of the same words, I'm a huma.."

"YOU'RE NOT, OKAY. you're not like me or Beth or any normal human being. I Told you that before just to make you feel home. Look at you. Didn't you ask yourself why your eyes have this unusual colour? Do you think all people can run as fast as you or see the smallest details in a butterfly?

Will sighed.

Don't you want to meet your MOM again?"

"I.." Ariel started crying. Tears caught her before words could.

She burst in tears as Will mentioned her Mom, her Mom was everything she's thinking about since she came to earth.

How her mom is living without her, is she still mad because she has used her power, her family. Is everything still the same? Does her father still wears the same sweet perfum.. Have they forgot about her. Are they even alive?"

"What's going on? Oh, darling. WILL!!. What have you done?" Said Beth

"I didn't mean to.."

"I need to talk to you later. Honey come with me, let's wash out your pretty face from those ugly tears" said Beth.

~~~

"Look, Will, you're my boss and I've never involved myself into your stuff but if it's about Ariel.."

"Yes Beth I got it, I wasn't actually forcing her, it's for her own safety. I need to make sure she can protect herself. You don't really know what would come" said Will.

"Hey, Will I'm... I'm gonna do it. And Beth, you don't have to be worried I'm gonna be ok" said Ariel opening the door

"and sorry, I didn't mean to hear anything"

"It's ok honey," said Beth.

"It's gonna be only a try, Ariel, after that you're gonna make your decision," said Will.

"Actually there's no real reason why I don't want to do it, I guess I'm just abit.. afraid," said Ariel.

"You don't have to be Ariel, I won't accept the whole thing if it's dangerous"

"I know that Will, that's why I want to give a chance. you're right, I need to protect myself and.. I" Ariel sighed and said with a shaking voice. "I want to meet my Mom".

3,2,1, now..

"I told you she's an interesting case," said Will to James who's eyes were wide open and jaw was dropped. He was always the mad scientist who wants something real to test it. He always found it boring to make theories of things that might not exist. Now he's watching the real damn case of Ariel who was in the glass room in his laboratory, closing her eyes, kinda relaxed.

Around her was a huge grey cloud, the light was on and off. Her feet started to go up, she was flying.

"That can't be.. she has more than a superpower it's... it's a miracle" James tears of joy can't be hidden.